PDA

View Full Version : Low Carbin' in NC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chrisr
Sat, Jan-03-04, 11:15
Greetings folks. Let's see here-

I'm starting my low carb diet.... again.

4 yrs ago I was 235lbs on Jan 1, 1999. On July 1, 1999 I was 158lbs. The lbs melted off me. I was doing the Atkins, running everyday and working out. I was also eating Ephedra like they were skittles. My lifestlye was condusive(sp?) for the low carb life- I didn't travel for work and I had a damn good routine.

Then came August 10, 2002. I was 175 lbs, lean and mean, and then I moved and took a job that requires me to travel 4-5 days a week. Being in sales, I am required to entertain, so the booze consumption sky rocketed and 4 course meals were the standard.

Now I am 215lbs and not in good shape. I run between 2-4 miles 3x a week, but that ain't cuttin' it.

Jan 2, 2004 I started my induction- no carbs, no caffeine, no beer (god help me), and no nicotene (sometimes I would dip snuff- yes this is NC here).
Two days into it and I'm dead tired and the mind is cloudy. I know it will wear off, but God this is tough. I'll make it.

Sorry for the rant!

Chris

GinaTX
Sat, Jan-03-04, 14:43
Good for your Chris! I know how you feel! But you're right, we will start feeling better soon, once all those poisonous sugars and caffeine are out of our system. Keep up the awesome work!
Gina