PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and looking for help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tom 902
Sat, Jan-03-04, 09:23
hi everyone,
I am new here and want to say hello. I am from Vermont and get so depressed during these lobg winter months. I have also decided to lose the weight I have carried all of my life. After reading the Atkins diet books and talking to some friends that have used this diet I have decided to try it also. I am into the 2nd day of induction and so far so good.

I look forward to meeting new friends and hopefuly we can all help each other reach our goals.
Tom

Zillah
Sat, Jan-03-04, 10:31
Hello!

I'm also on the 2nd day of induction & wish you every success, keep us posted on how you're doing...

Take care,
Z

Lori H
Sat, Jan-03-04, 10:34
Hi ya Tom and welcome! The first week of Induction was the hardest for me so just hang in there. This plan works! I think you will like it here. I know I spend a lot of time on this forum. There is lots of support and info available. Good luck!

liz175
Sat, Jan-03-04, 10:36
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on taking the first step to make yourself healthier!

You might want to check out the Triple Digits Club, the part of the forum for people with over 100 pounds to lose. It's about midway down on the forum homepage. If you look at my stats, you'll see I started out very close to where you are now, and I've found the Triple Digits Club to be a very helpful and supportive place.

Neenz
Sat, Jan-03-04, 18:13
Hi,
I'm also just starting out and so far have found it great, as soon as you get over the cravings youll be fine. It really does work, I lost 33 lbs last summer. Now trying to loose the next 33.
Good luck and keep in touch.
Janine

Operaghost
Sat, Jan-03-04, 18:46
Hey Tom, welcome aboard. If I did it, you can too!!

OG

deze
Sat, Jan-03-04, 18:54
Hi Tom..
Welcome... and I suggest that you begin a journal.. that way we can come and visit you and check into your progress.. also if you keep track of what you eat, we can give you feedback if you need it.. I found beginning a journal so helpful and it was great to have a place where people could find me!!!

Good luck, you can do it if you really want to!!

go Tom go!!!!
j

barbn
Sun, Jan-04-04, 03:00
Hi Tom, I am just starting today. Good luck.I am at 300lbs right now and hope to loose at least 100,more would be better but I want to start somewhere.I hope you have success.Take care.

chefmorais
Sun, Jan-04-04, 04:20
Hey Tom. Glad your here. And goodluck.
Tommy the chef

Mom23girls
Sun, Jan-04-04, 05:42
Hi Tom,Welcome !!! I am new here too!!! Day 4.I feel great and the craving are getting less.I am eating well and feel satisfied.I am not turning back.On other plans I was always searching for a little "something" to pick on.I don't feel that need.I am glad to have released my body from sugar.

Keep posting...
Stacy

Tom 902
Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:28
:dazzle: WOW!!

I am shocked at all the support I'm receiving already. I know with the support of friends I will make it all the way. Thanks to Everyone and as time goes on I look foward to getting to know each of you better and hopefuly support you towards your goals.
I started my journal Sat. 01/03/04

Tom