PDA

View Full Version : Need Doctor's approval

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marge
Fri, Jan-02-04, 19:11
Have read the book (atkins) and just waiting to see the doctor for a physical before starting. I waited too long to look after myself and now the damaga is already done. Was dignosed with Type 2 diabetes. Doctors say it's early enough to prevent damage if I can lose weight so I need to know, Is this the way? :yay:

Lori H
Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:05
Hi Marge and welcome! I personally love Atkins but you will have to find the plan that you can live with. Whatever you and your doctor decide, you will find lots of support here. Good luck and let us know which plan you choose.

JohnP
Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:10
Hello Marge,

The text below is copied from the first entry in my journal:

I have now been on this WOE (way of eating) for over 5 months and have lost 37 pounds. I still take the one pill for diabetes and one for blood pressure, but both are much more controlled than with my previous WOE. For me, this is the only way to eat for the rest of my life. No longer remaining strictly in induction, and having raised my carb limits, I am losing weight slower now, but I am very satisfied with this eating plan.

Lots of luck to you,
Johnie

FromVA
Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:55
Let us know what your doctor tells you and good luck. Many people on this board have had success managing diabetes...if you stick with your plan I am sure you will have good results as well.

Marge
Fri, Jan-02-04, 23:18
Thanks. I need support from others who have gone through the process. I'm on two pills a day and, unfortunately, there is family history going back at least three generations.

Without following any specific plan to date and with an increase in my exercise (not enough though) I have lost 16 lbs and made it throught the Christmas season without gaining any back so it's a start.

LilaCotton
Sat, Jan-03-04, 01:30
Hi Marge and welcome! Have you looked through the forums here? There are diabetic-specific places which can be quite helpful.

All the best to you whichever plan you choose. It seems to me this is a great way of knocking the wind out of blood sugar problems. :)

Marge
Sun, Jan-11-04, 22:44
I'll let you know what the doc says.

Marge
Wed, Jan-14-04, 13:14
see journal for comments about visit to docs