PDA

View Full Version : Oohhh my belly hurts!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tineyhiney
Thu, Jan-01-04, 14:17
I don't mean to complain ya'll, but jeez!!! This induction thing is killing my tummy! I expected cravings but this feels like I'm going to be sick. Is this normal and, if so, does it pass?? :cry:

potatofree
Thu, Jan-01-04, 14:32
First of all.. what are you eating? Please post a menu of the foods you've eaten, also...when did you start? The first few days can be rough.

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Jan-01-04, 14:34
I find that the first week I feel a little queezy. I think that, for me, it is very important to eat breakfast, drink the water and remember to include some greens like broccoli, spinach salad or maybe some asparagus.
This is a big change to my diet, and it is hard on my stomach but it does settle down.
Jo-Ann 2

tofi
Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:02
Nausea is not very unusual in Induction. try eating smaller meals more often. And don't go for the "high grease" meals that are most often (wrongly) shown as Atkins food. If you're not used to bacon, take it easy. Same with sausage and spicy foods.

Tineyhiney
Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:14
I lost weight on Suzanne Somer's diet two years ago. It was great!! I got down to my goal weight and promptly went back to carb overload and watched my weight go right back up to big fatty.

I thought I'd go Atkins this time to lose weight quicker. Plus SS gives too much freedom and food choices - I end up cheating. I don't remember feeling sick with the SS plan though.

My current food -for the past two days (yes, I am a big wuss)

2-3 fried or scrambled eggs
3-4 pieces of bacon

cheeseburger probably 1/3 pound. No bread.
chicken 1/4 of a small fryer.
salad greens (about a cup), cheese, blue cheese dressing

That's about it. I eat until full. I lost 3 pounds overnight - water I know, but still very exciting!!!
I should probably eat more salad, but I noticed on the SS WOE that the more salad I ate, the slower the weight loss.

I will take any advice/suggestions.
Thanks,
Michelle

eric909
Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:17
Hang in there I felt like crud for the first week, did you also stop drinking caffeine at the same time ?

potatofree
Thu, Jan-01-04, 18:25
I'd suggest a bit more veggies. Don't worry about eating the full allowed amount...you WILL lose! They are awfully important as far as nutrients and fiber. Not enough fiber= constipation and WORSE stomach trouble...

If you're eating the full three cups of veggies/salad, a healthy amount of protien and fat, and drinking 80 oz or more of water a day, any queasiness is pretty normal. Under-eating wil leave you feeling pretty crappy altogether.