PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am a newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fluffybear
Thu, Jan-01-04, 10:23
I have tried several low carb plans and finally settled on LOW CARBING FOR DUMMIES written by Katherine Chauncey RD, PhD who is a professor and clinician at Texas Tech Medical Center. I have a very delicate digestive system and this plan seems to be the best for me. The main thing about this plan is that you eliminate all refined sugar, flour, mixes, etc. from your diet and moderate all carbohydrates and dairy. I hope to get some support and encouragment from other low carbers on this forum. I have hypothyroidism and weigh well 250 lbs. but hope to lose 100 lbs. in 2004.

jude
Thu, Jan-01-04, 11:53
Welcome to the forum, Fluffybear! If you're looking for support and encouragement, this is definitely the place to be. It's so helpful being able to share with people who have "been there, done that".

Looks like you're off to a good start. Congratulations on losing 10 pounds!

Have you discovered Fitday yet? http://www.fitday.com It's a great way to keep track of everything you eat.

Good Luck!

judy

potatofree
Thu, Jan-01-04, 14:38
I was just joking with my daughter the other day that they should write a "Dummies" book about low carb... I didn't know they HAVE one! :lol:

j. mcadams
Thu, Jan-01-04, 15:22
Hi There Fluffy bear, and welcome to the forum. This is the best place to get support and answers if you have any questions. Now I have to admit I did not know there was a book low carbing for dummies, that is just great.

Good luck and hope to see you beginning a journal so we can all watch your progress.

Joan

fluffybear
Fri, Jan-02-04, 10:17
Thank you for the WELCOME everyone.