PDA

View Full Version : Newbie intro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

agnusdei
Wed, Dec-31-03, 06:59
Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd pop in and say "hey!" Since I already screwed up with coffee this morning, I'm going to be doing the Atkins KISS thing for the rest of today and then full-on tomorrow. I have the equivalent of two small adults to lose and as I'm fast approaching 38, decided that this year was going to be the year I take care of my health. Horrible to say, but I gained most all of this weight after losing my dad in '98 and then my mum in 2000.

My husband and I are planning on becoming foster parents this year so thought I'd get healthy before I had to chase any rugrats around.

Erin

Vittel
Wed, Dec-31-03, 09:14
Hi Erin,

I'm new here too... so from one newbie to another *waves hello & smiles!*

You're an inspiration to us all!
After the very sad loss of your parents & in such a short space of time, planning on becoming a foster parent makes you a very special person indeed!
I wish you every success with your health & look forward to hearing of your progress.

TC,

Jane

LilaCotton
Wed, Dec-31-03, 23:43
Welcome! And hey, you mayn't have screwed up with your coffee. Some people drink it, some don't. I prefer decaf if I drink any, myself, but that's because I'm super caffeine-sensitive since becoming perimenopausal a few years back. Coffee is something that some people really love--I like it now and again. My sister, on the other hand, can't get her day started without a cup, and that's what she has--one cup a day, and so far it hasn't done her any harm on Atkins (she's lost 20+ pounds in 2.5 months).

Anyhow, best of luck to you! You have quite a journey ahead of you but let me tell you, it's a fun and interesting journey. :)

agnusdei
Fri, Jan-02-04, 08:52
[I]Thank you, Vittel and Lila:

I realize that I have quite the journey ahead of me, and oddly enough, I'm looking forward to it!

Had to throw out the darling niece's gingerbread house this morning. The poor baby thought she could leave an unfinished gb house here to finish the next time she visits. *sigh* Nada chance! Ah well, I'll just have to tell her the gingerbread fairy repo'd it or something.

Looking forward to the journey,

Erin