PDA

View Full Version : metabolic supplements - Xenadrine

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Saliena
Thu, Aug-09-01, 07:23
Greetings all,

My partner wants to loss some weight but she has tried the low carb thing and does not like it. She went to GNC and got a medication called Xenadrine. Does anyone know about it? What does it do? I am kind of leery of meds that promise fast weight loss. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks

Saliena

ChrstnHrpr
Thu, Aug-09-01, 08:33
Hello! First of all, congrats on the weight loss ( I just got done reading your other post):D I have experience with Xenadrine and Hydroxycut, so here is my opinion. I would personally tell her not to take them! They dont work! They cost too much! Walmart sells a generic form of Xenadrine with the same exact ingredients for 1/2 the price. They make you moody and they are extremely hard to get off of! It is like a legal form of speed! If you want this kind of pick me up, just drink a pot of coffee!:D The ads are too good to be true and they are! They're computer touched up photos! Ever notice how everyone in those pictures suddenly has an awesome tan? I work in a salon with tanning beds and I am sorry but you cant get a tan like that in 6 weeks!:rolleyes: Just my opinion from personal experience. Tell her to save herself the money and the tears from emotional outbursts these pills cause and try some good old fashioned exercise!

Susie
Sat, Aug-11-01, 10:18
Well Christine one of the spokepeople just happens to be Marla Duncan.
She's a been a fitness icon since the late 80's. And I can tell you that her pictures have not been retouched. If you've ever followed fitness/bodybuilding you'll also know how much her body composition has changed throughout the years as well as her pregnancy a few years back.
As far as the tans........most models use bottled tans as I do. It gives a nice even tan without the damage of UV rays. I get a tan like that within a week's time!

Hydroxycut has also worked for me! My bodyfat levels have never been so low! I've had three children and went down from a size 8-10 to a size 3-4 within less than 5 months.
Though the results from Hydroxycut for me peeked at about 4 weeks as I'd already lost most of the fat on my own previous to taking Hydroxycut.

I am returning to the gym after a two month lay off and Hydroxycut will be my favorite companion in the weeks to come.
Although my bodyfat levels are considered normal. Hydroxycut seems to melt off just enough to show the curves I've worked so hard for in the gym. It gives me the tight look I love!

But this is just my story!
Susie

Sadai
Sat, Aug-11-01, 13:04
On behalf of Hydroxycut!!!
I thought I would add my 2 cents, and I absolutely agree with Susie. I currently only take 2 per day and as a result have found the energy to join a gym and lose 7 lb's to date... and I will continue using the Hydroxycut according to the directions !!
:D

Trainerdan
Mon, Aug-13-01, 10:32
All of these products that are a combination of Epedrine (ma huang), caffeine (guarana), and aspirin (white willow bark) work for fat loss.

Some people like 'em, some don't. Personally, I love 'em. They do work ... and science can prove it. I wrote a lengthy post on ECA stacks in the Daily forum a while ago ... let's see if I can dig it up ...

Trainerdan
Mon, Aug-13-01, 10:36
The original thread was asking about the Ripped Fuel product, which also contains the same active ingredients as Hydroxy, Xenadrine, Diet Fuel, Adipokinetix, etc.

Here's the thread.

http://216.118.73.98/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6744

tamarian
Thu, Sep-20-01, 12:01
Originally posted by Trainerdan
http://216.118.73.98/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6744

Hi Dan,

Have you bookmarked us as this number (IP)? If so, it's better to use the URL, forum.lowcarber.org instead, as every few months or so (it seems) we move to another server, and in that case, the numbers will generate "host not found" errors.

Wa'il

Trainerdan
Thu, Sep-20-01, 15:24
I didn't bookmark it as that ... To get that link, I clicked on the thread and just cut/pasted the info form the address bar.

The thread IS old. Maybe that's it? I am so bad at the internet stuff. Is there a smilie that wears a dunce cap?

tamarian
Thu, Sep-20-01, 15:36
Originally posted by Trainerdan
I didn't bookmark it as that ... To get that link, I clicked on the thread and just cut/pasted the info form the address bar.

This means that the main URL you use to visit the forum is the IP, probably bookmarked during a transition period where the IP is used. If you delete the main URL from your favorites, and replace it with http://forum.lowcarber.org every thread you visit and copy will have the named URL as opposed to the IP URL.

Wa'il

Trainerdan
Sat, Sep-22-01, 04:44
Gotcha. Done. Thanks.

doreen T
Sat, Sep-22-01, 09:12
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fern2340
Sat, Sep-22-01, 10:53
I drew that picture and I was very surprised toread one of Dan's posts and see it there!

:rheart:

madpiano
Fri, Sep-28-01, 16:32
Hmm, just my 2 cents : Ephedrine is a form of speed which is an A-Class drug. It is very addictive and is linked to heart problems, especially when used in combination with exercise. I know it is sold freely in health food shops. That doesn't mean it is safe ! Be carefull when you take it. My friend at home was addicted to speed, and she was skinny as hell, but she also had a year-long fight to come off the stuff and is now on anti-depressants

Ken
Mon, Oct-01-01, 09:20
Trainerdan

{The thread IS old. Maybe that's it? I am so bad at the internet stuff. Is there a smilie that wears a dunce cap?}

http://community.theunderdogs.org/smiley/happy/dork.gif

Ken ;)

Trainerdan
Mon, Oct-01-01, 21:03
That is too funny Ken. Classic. :lol:

Damsel
Sat, Oct-20-01, 14:16
My friend is thinkin of doin xenedrine but when you look at it seems to be another name for ephadrine.
I use ephadrine and have used it before and came off it no problem the way to use it properly is use it twice a day 3 times a week for only 5 weeks at a time then give it a rest for 5 weeks then start again.I found it great it does make you feel funny but you get used to it Its great for when you go the gym it gives you a good boost.I think itll only be addictive if you let it get to you

Damsel