PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to start fresh on Jan. 1st with me???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jennielynn
Tue, Dec-30-03, 10:08
Hi all! I've been trying to get back on the low carb wagon during the holidays; but its been hard! So, my hubby gave his advice---why not just eat what I want (within reason, of course) and start new again on the first of the year.

I think it's a great idea--let's face it; even if I were to hit the Atkins thing today; 2 more days of goofing up aren't going to cause me to gain anything. I just won't be losing until I get on the wagon and stay there. So, I've decided to go to our New Year's Eve party tomorrow with a positive attitude about myself and the new year to come. This is the "year of Jen"--the year that I truly start focusing on taking care of myself and getting rid of these pesky 25 pounds for good!

Anyone want to join me in a little New Years Resolution Challenge? I've found that when you have support within a group----it's the best thing to keep you motivated! So, whoever would like to join me is welcome--no matter how much you have to lose.

Good day to all--I'll check in frequently to see who is willing to hop on board!

Jen

nikkil
Tue, Dec-30-03, 10:17
Not that I'm not willing, but check out the Challenge section of the board and I'm sure you'll get lots of participants.

I stuck to plan all thru Christmas, but would love to join your challenge anyway. I just mean that I wouldn't be starting 'fresh' on Jan. 2nd, etc.

Nicole

la lestat
Tue, Dec-30-03, 10:55
Dear Jan , I will be right there with you on jan 1st , starting fresh not only on the atkins but on all the other things that are holding me back.I have tried atkins before with some success , but fell off the wagon clutching pizza , chocolate and wine...Have managed to lower my dose of HRT over xmas & also fluoxetine.Wonder if that'll make any difference?All my best wishes to you & all other low-carbers waiting for jan 1st. La lestat xx

Mom23girls
Tue, Dec-30-03, 11:29
Hi girls,I am new to this Forum.I am also new to the low carb thing.I am 34,married with 3 girls.
I have been trying to follow W.W. but am ready to try something else.So here I am.
I definately think this WOE,has some hope.I know what I was doing was not really working,I felt hungry all the time.I think W.W. has a lot of good points and I learned a lot,but even so I never felt completely satisfied and felt like I was obsessing over food all the time.
Well,just figured I say Hi !!!

Hoping we will have a good start to the new year !!

Stacy

ORprincess
Tue, Dec-30-03, 14:57
Hi All! I too am starting atkins again starting January 1st. I was on atkins induction for a couple of weeks about a year ago, I saw results, but I got really sick and never went back on it. In October I signed up for a gym membership and got a personal trainer and only went 3 times. I am more than ready to make a change, and would love to meet people who are starting at the same time of year! I truly believe that there is "safety in numbers" and that with such an awesome website for support, I CAN do it!

Ms. Willow
Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:02
Soytanly I will join you! I started briefly in Sept. for my Oct. wedding, lost 8 lbs., then started the honeymoon, followed by Thanksgiving, then Xmas...and yeah...blew it bigtime. But here I am, ready to go again!

You can link to my journal below. Also, if you do check out the challenges section, there is a Halloween '04 challenge just getting ready to start!

Stay in touch, good luck, and happy new year!

p.s., before you get the "wrong" idea, I'm a 52 year old bride! (but not first-time. :lol: )

Cappy
Wed, Dec-31-03, 09:47
:yay: hey everyone! I am very ready to get back on track with Adkins on Jan. 1st. I had been low carbing since August/03 and had lost approx. 18 lbs...but sort of plateaued, I think that I am one of those people who needs to watch caloric intake as well as carb intake....anyways, the holidays threw me off track big time and I think I've gained about 5 or 6 pounds :rolleyes: I feel really bloated, so it's probably lots of water retention mainly, but I am very ready to start with induction again. I wish you all great success, I know this way of eating DOES work and we CAN and WILL be successful at our weight loss endeavers!!!! Here we go!!!!! :Party:

hramsey76
Wed, Dec-31-03, 09:56
I will join you on the road back to LC, I recently jumped back on two days ago, I feel so much better already! I sure have missed my sausage and egg Breakfast. I was off for almost two months and gained about 15 pounds. I knew the Holidays would be a killer for me, Anyway! Good Luck to you!

Janpu
Wed, Dec-31-03, 11:01
I just skimmed through the Atkins book last night, and since I'm one of those that don't eat a lot, I realize it's more in what I do eat. I'm in with you, and I hope I get lots of support!!

Jemsar
Wed, Dec-31-03, 11:35
As a newbiem and first time LCer starting tomorrow, I will be joining you too.

Happy new year.

Jenninor
Wed, Dec-31-03, 20:40
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Hi Jenny,
I'm Jenny too! I have just started the Atkins diet today after spending the last week reading it from cover to cover, seems quite complicated but I am sure that it is the diet for me. I think the most difficult thing for will be that I can't have my glass of wine with my evening meal, never mind I am sure that it will be well worth it in the end. I have 40pounds to loose!

How much weight have you already lost? are you finding it easy?

I weighed myself this morning at 151pounds and hope to see less on the scales within the next few days.

Talk to you soon
Jenny

hulrich
Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:22
What a better way to start the New Year out right. Now that the big eating holidays are past us. Won't be hard to keep track of what day we started, the first day of the year sounds easy to remember.

helena_c
Thu, Jan-01-04, 19:15
Yeppers I'm starting over today, too. Well, more like tomorrow, I wanted today to be my last day, one last blowout on my little brother's sixth birthday. I started a while ago with no success because I didn't commit myself to it. But now, I'm definitely going to go for it.

d_gabbard
Thu, Jan-01-04, 19:27
I am with you also--this time I am going to try LC with the exercise I've been doing-never have done them together--think the results should be doubly good!!! Happy New Year's and let's all stick with this until we're healthy and looking great!

era5678
Thu, Jan-01-04, 19:42
Well, I joined last year and lost 12lbs but took the summer off and now the holidays. Even though I have gained about 5 of those lbs back at least I'm not all the way back. One of my resolutions was to get back on the lc wagon as of today. My goal is to be 160 by March 1st. I really hope I can do it again. The hard part will be the exercise. Last year I didn't work and this year I do and it makes a huge difference in energy level and time.

Count me in. I will need all the support I can get!!

Charlene