PDA

View Full Version : First Day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cat3
Mon, Dec-29-03, 21:26
[COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]THIS IS MY FIRST day i need all the support i can get I am new with usisg a computer,I just want to lose this 25 lbs so bad I am weak tonight craving something sweet,what helps you all from craving sweets?

Tanyaskees
Mon, Dec-29-03, 22:44
Hi Cat, welcome. I am starting over and this is my first day too. This forum is ao great, you'll love it. BTW, where in Tenn. are you? I am in Memphis.

Tanyaskees
Mon, Dec-29-03, 22:47
Oh my Cat.....look at my profile...at the hobbies....too funny.

eric909
Tue, Dec-30-03, 13:56
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

cat3
Tue, Dec-30-03, 20:12
Tanya live close to paris landing state park about 150 miles from you ,I am GOING crazy overwanting somthing sweet.

Lindazkewl
Tue, Dec-30-03, 20:25
Hello and welcome to the Forum :) I'm actually new myself. I've just been here a couple of weeks or so. I find that when I have a satisfying low carb meal I really don't crave sweets as much. Of course I do crave them sometimes. When I just have to have something, I have a collection of recipes (some from this board) for locarb sweets; drinks (my favorite is a diet soda with a bit of heavy cream which tastes like an Italian Soda) or a little cream cheese w/a little Splenda and a couple of strawberries or blueberries mixed well, etc. If you're on your Induction phase, you really have to watch the carbs and stay within your alottment per meal/day. It's said (and I'm by far no expert) that certain low carb sweets and artificial sweetners slow up/stall your weight loss. I guess everyone's different because I don't have too much trouble, although I'm at the beginning of my weight loss. Anyway, this board is incredible! People are so supportive and inspiring! Good luck and read, read, read :wiggle:

bluesfan88
Wed, Dec-31-03, 18:41
ok this is what I have figured out . after awhile your cravings are not as bad. I have been Lc for since september and i rarely get a swwet craving anymore . but splenda is great for sweeting things ( u just can't use it during introduction :(

just remember all the weight will not come of in a few days because you didnot gain it all in a matter of a week .
my favorite saying is "Rome was not built in a day " and so the weight won't come of in a day .

GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME !!!!!!!!!

lissa uk
Thu, Jan-01-04, 09:27
sugar free jelly & cream was a god send to me & alleviated my sweet cravings during induction !!

Stick to it, be strong and the results will speak for themselves !!

Good luck and welcome !!!

Lisa x

j. mcadams
Thu, Jan-01-04, 15:41
One thing that will greatly help with sugar cravings is L-Glutiamin take 500-1000 mg about 30 minutes before meals. You will be amazed at how much it will help.

Joan

djcarbno
Fri, Jan-02-04, 01:22
Ok I am new ..first day on Atkins and have also got me mother on it as well...but she has always been a sweet eater and since we are on induction - can she have sugar free jello?? These forums are great :exclm:

j. mcadams
Fri, Jan-02-04, 06:00
Hi Dj.
Yes sugar free jell-o is allowed, but if your Mom is a big sweet she wants to be careful with it. Taking L-Glutamine 500-1000 MG. 30 mins. before meal and also the Chromium Picolinate is an excellent product to take as well. Also drink lots of water, that help wash all those toxins out.
Also getting a journal started is a great way to stay on track, read and ask lots of questions.
Good luck to both you and your Mom.

Joan

icadelai
Fri, Jan-02-04, 06:03
I always keep orange tic tacs with me for when i get sweet cravings 0 carbs no sugars nothing I love it =)

cat3
Fri, Jan-02-04, 22:20
been on the dddiet 5 days now lost4lbs still craving the sweets got me some sugar free jello now i gotta get methe tic tacs thanks for the help.

LilaCotton
Sat, Jan-03-04, 01:48
When the sweet cravings get out of hand, increase the amount of fat you're eating. Also, as suggested, take supplements. Sometimes even a good multi-vitamin supplement will help with cravings (munchy-type).

There's a great recipe here for a 'Mock Danish', which is completely Induction friendly. My daughter makes this for me upon occasion, and I think you use one egg, 2 ozs. cream cheese (softened), then stirred into the egg, and a little Splenda for sweetener. Mix it all together and microwave for 1 or 2 minutes (see how lame I am? I should fix my own, then I'd know!). Anyhow, this is truly, truly scrumptious. For post-induction, you can put berries on top after it's cooked for a truly fruity 'pastry'. :)