PDA

View Full Version : new to forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cheeze
Sun, Dec-28-03, 21:41
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but not to low carb. I've tried this WOE a few times in the past and fell off the wagon but this time i've stuck with it for almost 9 months and lost 58 lbs. So far I've found lots of good info and hope I can help give some advice and encouragement (I've gone through a couple of stalls).

Sheila

eric909
Mon, Dec-29-03, 00:48
Hi Sheila welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif Congratulations on your great loss :thup:

rahrahmom
Mon, Dec-29-03, 08:41
Hello everyone!! and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..
I'm new to this, and have questions.. Go figure.. The first is I want to get started on the Atkins and the time i've done it before I got sick on it. I don't know if I cut back too far. What is recommended for the first two weeks. I'm wanting to loose 35 lbs. I don't want to be really skinny, just healthy. I do walk when I can. so get some exercise.
I'm healthy for the most part other than lack of exercise and the excess weight.
Any help on what can and can't eat the first few weeks would be VERY helpful..
Thanks everyone..

cheeze
Mon, Dec-29-03, 09:44
my advice is to get Dr. Atkins book (Atkins new diet revolution) it is very inexpensive (less than $10) and explains exactly how to eat and what foods to avoid