PDA

View Full Version : Intro and whey protein powder question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nance
Thu, Dec-25-03, 20:27
Hello,
My name is Nance and today I am officially beginning this new wol. This is not the first time I've attempted to diet, however, starting today I consider myself on less of a diet than on a new road to health. I plan to be pro-active in this committment and become involved in finding out the best way for me to keep myself on this course, this time. I've invested in several cooks books and plan on using the many recipes therein (and on this website) to keep me commited and on the road to good health. I do not see this way of eating as a "means to and end" (as in losing weight) so much as a correction in the direction I've sent my body over the last forty years trying diet after diet after diet, only to lose/gain, lose/gain, lose/gain over and over again. I want my energy back, I want my health back, and I want my life back in my control as much as that is possible...and this IS where it is possible. After much research and reading, this time I'm doing the right thing for my body. I'm sure of it.
I do have a question I'm hoping I can get some input on, also: I've tried several brands of whey protein powders, spent more than a little money, and had to throw several away because the taste was too chemical. I'm trying to get the lowest carb count I can and the best flavor since I'm cooking with it. Could some of you give me your best bets/preferences in whey protein powders...which ones you like and which ones taste the best? In cooking and shakes?
Thank you so much for listening to me rant. This is the first time I've stepped up and emailed my intentions or asked a question before. Too many diets over too many years makes me not want to say much to the people around me. I just hope I didn't go on too long.
Sincerely,
Nance

etoiles
Fri, Dec-26-03, 08:57
Hi Nance!

Welcome to the low carb way of life! This way of eating really does not feel like a diet though, it is the ultimate eating plan. To me it just feels like eating differently, but really well (some of the recipes on here are great!!!)

I have bought some whey protein powder that I didn't mind too much at all. I have been using it only in baking for low carb cookies and bars for the holidays and in a spaghetti squash casserole. It is called Biochem "Ultimate Low Carb" Whey protein powder. I hope that helps!

have a good holiday and welcome! :wiggle:

tigger64
Mon, Jul-12-04, 23:17
Hi Nance!

I get my protein powder from the Protein Factory--www.proteinfactory.com. They have really reasonable prices. I get a custom blend that I think tastes pretty good. Let me know if you want to know more.

Tig :)