PDA

View Full Version : Best Present

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

enna1477
Thu, Dec-25-03, 17:36
Happy Holidays!

I've been lurking around the forum for several weeks and it's time I went "public". My husband and I are not new to the low-carb lifestyle but we've been off the wagon for a number of years. Having hit a weight that far exceeded what I weighed during my last pregnancy, I made the decision to get back in the saddle and regain control. We started the second week of November and it seems easier this time, due in part to all the new low-carb products that just weren't available back in the ol' days. Plus, I'm so appreciative of all the great recipes that have been posted here. Since we decided to commit ourselves to a lifestyle change we weren't looking for rapid weight loss and skipped induction. Nevertheless, Jeff has lost 20 pounds and I'm right behind him.

I stepped on the scale and showed a 4 pound loss this morning! It was the best present! I had planned to indulge a little today - nothing drastic, but was going to have a small portion of lemon pepper pasta with my scampi and maybe a smidge of a brownie but the thrill of seeing the readout on the scale kept me on track. The pants that previously fit like a lower body tourniquet now fit like...well, pants! I can even cross my legs in them! Such a small victory - but it made my day! I can't wait to see what this next year brings!

FromVA
Thu, Dec-25-03, 18:04
Congratulations! And welcome back. I, too, have stayed strictly on plan because I am much too pleased with the weight loss and am soooo much more comfortable now that my pants fit! My H lost almost all of his weight quickly while I lingered behind at an average of 1 lb a week. But I have now lost more than he has (to be fair, he has reached his "goal" and is now trying for an extra 5 lbs) and there is no food worth stalling or gaining over. He ate some of everything on the table today...potatoes, dressing, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce and two kinds of pies. I stuck with green beans and turkey. I feel great and he is miserable and his stomach is killing him! I warned him he might have some really nasty side effects from overindulging in carbs when he isn't used to them, but he was adamant about having his "Christmas" dinner. He told me to get rid of all of it that was left over...he never wants to see it again! I wonder how many LC'ers are going to feeling this way when the day is over?