PDA

View Full Version : Sugarfree Gum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dianesp
Wed, Aug-08-01, 09:54
Hello everybody!!! Have a question. Is it o.k. to have sugarless gum?

Dianesp:p

NancyC
Wed, Aug-08-01, 10:27
Sugarless gum and mints have carbs (1-2g, usually). Try Smint mints with no carbs or, if this is Ketoid breath related, keep toothbrush and paste at the ready.

Dianesp
Wed, Aug-08-01, 10:35
Thanks for the reply Nancyc. What are Spint Mints and where can I get them? I've never heard of them before.

Thanks
Dianesp:D

Lara
Wed, Aug-08-01, 10:37
Hi. Don't know about Spint mints but I use Dentyne Ice which on the package indicates 0 g. carbs. Some of the other gums have minimal counts. Good luck. Lara

Bonnie
Wed, Aug-08-01, 11:13
Dentyne has sugarless gum in coolmint flavor that is made with Splenda...states for carbohydrate reduced diets:

Serving per stick:

cal 4; protein 0g; fat 0g; carbs 0g; sugar 0g; sorbitol1.0; mannitol 0.1; sucralose 2.8mg;

Bonnie

Dianesp
Wed, Aug-08-01, 12:18
Thanks for the info. I'm going to get some Dentyne Ice today. This is a great site.

Thanks to all!
Dianesp

NNN
Wed, Aug-08-01, 18:54
Diane
Check out the Trident Cherry flavour made with Splenda.
That is what I use.
NNN