PDA

View Full Version : Cauliflower Popcorn

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jeanyyy
Fri, Dec-19-03, 00:10
Another recipe from a Yahoo group... originally from the Mrs Dash website. Sounds interesting to me!

Cauliflower Popcorn

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
3 Tbsp. (45mL) olive oil
2 Tbsp. (30mL) Mrs. Dash® Table Blend
Serves: 8
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 55 min to 1 hr

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C).

2. Cut out and discard cauliflower core and thick stems. Trim remaining cauliflower into florets the size of popcorn.

3. Toss thoroughly in a bowl with olive oil and Mrs. Dash® Table Blend.

4. Spread cauliflower on a sheet pan and roast for approximately 60 minutes, or until nicely browned (that's the carmelization process converting the dormant natural sugars into sweetness).

5. Turn three or four times during roasting. The browner the florets, the sweeter they will taste. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Actual Serving Size: 3.8 Oz (110.0g)

Calories: 71 Sodium: 32 mg
Total Fat: 5 g Potassium: 318 mg
Saturated Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 5 g
Unsaturated Fat: 4 g Fiber: 3 g
Trans Fat: 0 g Protein: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg

katwoman
Fri, Dec-19-03, 15:02
Sounds interesting. I think I'll try it.

Wenzday
Wed, Dec-24-03, 06:43
hmm....different... cant imagine baking it for an hour at 450!!! lol

Avlev
Wed, Mar-03-04, 04:19
what is mrs dash? is it sweet or savoury? anything I could sub in (I'm from the UK - don't think I've seen it over here...)

WeeOne
Tue, Mar-09-04, 18:09
Ms Dash is just a brand of mixed spices. More of a savory salty I guess you would say.

If you just put garlic salt and pepper and some itallian seasonings would probably be pretty close.

Wee

JohnP
Fri, Apr-09-04, 10:00
I have made this and it is great. Thanks for posting the recipe. The first time I used Kraft Athenos Feta Cheese dressing. The batch I have in the oven now is covered in Shitake mushroom with Garlic dressing and a little Italian seasoning.

I can't resist a taste each time I take it out to stir it. It is very good after only 15 minutes, but does take on additional sweetness and flavor as it bakes.

Johnie