PDA

View Full Version : [SS] What can you tell me about Somersizing? How effective is it?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Buffyslyr
Tue, Dec-16-03, 11:14
Hi there,
I am interested in this WOE and would love to hear first hand more about it. What do you like about it and what is a challenge? What do you typically eat in a day? I was recently diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and realize that my current eating habits probably have a hand in this. I suspect that I'm insulin resistant. I would like to lose about 30-40 pounds and feel healthier. I'm too young to feel this way! lol... I've read Atkins and the South Beach books and a lot of what they say make sense to me. Unfortunately, I just don't seem able to stick with anything. (Including my past attempts with Weight Watchers.) I don't necessarily want a magic pill or anything but want to find something that I can live with. I'm starting to feel like something is wrong with me since I can't stick with anything. Maybe I just lack willpower, I dunno. Thanks!
susan

Sandylee
Tue, Dec-16-03, 19:15
Hi Buffy,
Welcome :)
I think if you pick up one of the Somersizing books, you will get the hang of it really fast. It is the only diet I have been able to stick with.
Sandy

leener3boy
Tue, Dec-23-03, 13:22
I have been doing it since Aug 3 and I have lost 20 lbs. For me it is not a diet, but instead a WOE-weight loss is just a side bonus.

Nothing else ever made sense to me or was too restrictive, on this plan, I have a great deal more control. I really think I'll eat like this forever!

kokle
Tue, Jan-06-04, 13:10
I had problems with eating too many carbs. It put me on a weight roller coaster and I was constantly hungry. I went back to CALP and the constant hunger took care of itself.