PDA

View Full Version : new-comer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nextrends
Sun, Dec-14-03, 22:47
Hi everyone, I hope I'm in here. I have just recently been acquainted with the Atkins programs. I used to think it was much more restrictive and unhealthy. When heard that the gal that does my nails lost 25 lbs. in a month, I said, OK, I must look into this. Nutshell. No carbs for 2 wks. No weight loss. I didn't do the water part. BUT...doing more research with some "health" symtoms, I've looked into Hypo-thyroidism and more specifically, Wilson't Thyroid Syndrome. So many of you are speaking of coconut oil. T3 therapies to re-set the thyroid that seem to range short term from a few weeks or months long ONLY. Please look for yourselves at wilsonsthyroidsyndrome.com or download an e-copy of his book from flylady.net. The Wilson's site also has a geographical Doctor locator for those practicing his therapy protocal. It seems to be incredible info that can help all of us with our weight loss and overall health. It seems to approach treating the cause instead of the symptoms (weight being one of them) Good luck and happy holidays!

Kathy54
Mon, Dec-15-03, 00:16
Nutshell. No carbs for 2 wks.
Oh my, have you actually read the book??? it's not "no carbs" it's LOW carbs, no wonder you did'nt lose. Your body must of thought you were starving.
Kathy

eric909
Mon, Dec-15-03, 18:18
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif