PDA

View Full Version : first day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chubbychic
Thu, Dec-11-03, 19:00
Well today was my first day. Im am following the atkins plan. I woke up a little late today so ended up only eating two meals.

I had a boiled egg and four peices of bacon , with tea, 2 cream, 1 sweatner

One chicken breast sauteed with mushrooms and garlic - (powdered in 1 tablespoon of soy flour - spices) - in a olive oil. Lettuce salad with red onion and - with Italian Low Cal dressing

2 Dill Pickles

I had half of a deviled egg - (egg cored with mayo, dijon, paprika)

4 glasses of ice tea cystal light -

I missed a meal however im looking for some ideas past this, i m feeling a little empty- headachie ).

Im trying to get the hang of it, how am i doing... can you give me some ideas if im not...

thank you

Chub

Kelly_L
Thu, Dec-11-03, 19:09
Hello

Welcome to the forum and Atkins. What I would suggest is to open a fitday account (www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com/)) if you haven't already. Great way to keep on track with your eating. Also watch out for low cal and low fat things. Frequently they have more carbs that the regular stuff.
For cooking info have a look in the Kitchen section of the forum for great meal ideas.(http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
Happy low carbing
Kelly

jackie113
Thu, Dec-11-03, 19:57
Kelly_l thank you so much :agree: :agree: for posting the link to fitday I went on there just now and I LOVE IT. I was able to record all my data which is great because I am trying to stay on target and......TA DA I was. I am currently at 12 carbs for the day :angel:

Thanks to everyone for their helpful posts!

Jackie

chubbychic
Fri, Dec-12-03, 06:52
thank you for the link. I had a chicken breast in olive oil sauteed etc.. they had 101 options it seems for chicken breast, finall i got tired of searching so i just added one chicken breast, then the olive oil i cooked it in etc... soy flour ... thats ok yes?

Chub

Kelly_L
Fri, Dec-12-03, 13:25
Hey Chub

Glad it works for you. Most of us that use fitday find it to be a very handy tool. I know what you mean about all the different selections and I just do what you did and enter the items separately. Just watch for differences of raw and cooked stuff because it changes the values.

Cheers

Kelly

Kelly_L
Fri, Dec-12-03, 13:26
Oh and Jackie113,

Glad you found the link helpful as well.

bluesfan88
Sat, Dec-13-03, 18:39
hello and welcome . when I started LCing I had really bad headaches and was hungry all the time . But I learned that if oyu add a little carbs back then you won't have head aches. then you can keep on working todward your goal . the whole being hungry thing you body just has to get use to your new eatting habits.good luck low carbing.