PDA

View Full Version : About 6 months nicotine free

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Granadino
Tue, Dec-09-03, 09:18
And no cravings at all... in fact, I tried to smoke a cigarette a month ago, I was very upset, and that always helped me to relax... well, results? it was just yuckie!!!! I hated it, the flavor was just hedious... and even got dizzy... couldn't even smoke 10% of it. So I stopped being upset, just because I felt so totally happy to know that my body reacts so badly towards nicotine. I love that!

Of course, the bad thing is that I can not smell it either, and my DH smokes about 20 per day... so, in bed he's there nicely smoking and me blowing his smoke away from me... I smell the nicotine in him and it's sort of yuckie. My poor DH!!! I have him crazy with that.

sharann
Tue, Dec-09-03, 16:23
I never understood how anyone could smoke in bed! It's hideous. It is such a fire hazard, plus it reeks. Your bedroom is where you spend at least 8 hours, asleep, inhaling musty air. I never smoked in the house though,so I guess my tolerance was different. I wonder if you could get him to at least smoke elsewhere, even another room? Why do you have to be subjected to the smoke when you have worked so hard to quit?
Forgive me, I'm in a spitfire mood today.

Granadino
Tue, Dec-16-03, 11:02
When I lived on my own my dad lived at home with me and also my son... my father quited smoking after 35 years, due to his gastroenterologist (?) advice. It was so hard for him I was just not going to smoke under his nose, or even bother my son with my addiction. So, I smoked only in my bedroom... and yes, sometimes it looked like a crowdy bar, really awful. What an addiction does to us!!!

Anyway, I remember how much I hated my brother coming to my house, we were having a BBQ at the garden and I was at the terrace having a cigarette... and my brother started bothering with the "you shouldn't smoke, it's not healthy, smells awful and blablabla"... yeah right, as if I didn't know!!! but someone telling me that on my own house, that's annoying. I didn't smoke at his place for respect and he didn't allow me to smoke in my own garden! well, remembering that I am just not able to tell my DH to stop smoking and bothering him with my new lifestyle, I should but I remember how I took those comments while I was a smoker... and how much annoyed me to think that I wasn't able to do what I wanted on my own place. I have to respect that and he has to keep the windows open and don't mind me to be blowing away his smoke.

DH is really amazed on how easy I stopped smoking, he would never even try. I met him smoking, I fell in love of him being a smoker... I have to live with that now and respect his decision.