PDA

View Full Version : SPICY! Stuffed Jalepenos

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bcgant
Mon, Dec-08-03, 12:54
This is my first post, so I hope yall like spicy!

Stuffed Jalepenos

Batter:
Large Can of Whole Jalepenos (20 - 30)
1 lb. Breakfast sausage (the gound kind in a tube...not links)
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
1 cub LC Bake Mix
2 eggs
1 cup Shake-N-Bake (this is the only item that is not LC, but it is a thin coating on the outside of the peppers. possibly ground up pork rinds could replace it, but haven't tried that yet)

Stuffing:
Cream Cheese (or cheddar, or just about any meat you are in the mood for :)

In a large mixing bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, and bake mix. You may have to squeeze and mush for a few minutes to get all of the cheese and bake mix mixed into the sausage. Set aside

(tip: do this step over your sink) With a knife, make a slit down the middle of one side of each pepper and allow it to drain. Gut the jalepeno with a small spoon (I use one of our baby spoons) to remove seeds and inner veins. The peppers should be whole still with tail and all, simply with one cut and no insides. Stuff each pepper with your desired filling making sure you fill it as full as possible.

Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. On the cookie sheet, place a small portion of the sausage mixture (a ball about as wide as a silver dollar) and flatten it out fairly thin. Place a pepper on top of the sausage "batter" and roll the sausage mix around the pepper and fully enclose the pepper with the batter. Only the tail should be sticking out.

In separate bowls, place the eggs in one and the Shake-n-Bake in the other. Beat the eggs. Dip the peppers into the eggs and then roll in Shake-n-Bake to coat.

Cook in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before eating. Dip in your favorite sauce (Ranch dressing for me!) and enjoy :) :yay: