PDA

View Full Version : cheated yesterday :(

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

louby_lou
Mon, Dec-08-03, 06:25
I really angry with myself for letting myself cheat yesterday. I have had about 3 weeks of constantly doing well, no cheating whatsoever, yet last night my flatmates and i all decided to watch a movie and get some munchies in, and i gave in to the temptation and let myself eat all manner of carb and sugar laden rubbish. awful. Im so disappointed with myself because i really want to lose this weight. im currently 186.8 lbs (goal of 130) and i was 2 pounds lower 2 days ago. how irritating! does anyone else ever have moments of weakness like this or am i alone in being so naughty?? *laura*

WendyLynn
Mon, Dec-08-03, 11:05
Hi laura. Don't be so hard on yourself! If this is to be a way of life, not just a temporary weight loss diet, then there will be times when you indulge in temptation. Enjoy the moment. If possible indulge only in things that make you happy. Then move on. Today is another day. Today you go back to eating healthfully and working toward your goal. If you are miserable about indulging with your friends then it wasn't worth it. If it wasn't worth it, remember that for next time. You are doing great on Atkins. Keep up the great work. This is a long term project :) As for your being the only one who deals with this.....take a quick look through any of the forums and you will not only see dozens of posts about diet lapses but many forum members post the number of cheat free days in their signature! You are NOT alone.

Evey
Mon, Dec-08-03, 12:30
Hi Laura,

Don't worry! Just focus your energy into getting back on board and not letting one episode turn into days of binging! I have been sooo good for 3-4 months and last week I went out with some co-workers for drinks - ended up eating a WHOLE bowl of Tortilla chips and half of a cake from the birthday party at the table next to us! I ate like I was just off a desert island or something (even my co-workers were freaked out!) I put 4 lbs on overnight but got right back into it and now the 4lbs is gone! Besides, they says it's good for your metabolism to shake it up every once in a while! (Just Not Too Often!)

Hang in there,
Evey

korry1977
Fri, Dec-12-03, 00:31
Take it easy, and work with program... everyone makes mistakes... just learn from them

remember, Rome wasn't built in a day...

:)