PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Meadowlark
Sat, Dec-06-03, 04:00
Hello, I`m very new to this type of eating, did my induction phase and lost about 7 lbs. This month is very hard so many goodies around. Have to admit though I`m still sort of confused with this woe, only because this is so new to me, all my life its been low fat counting carlories etc.I went to fitday and was completely lost, I`m not to computer savvy yet so...........I`m older hitting 60 next year is there a forum for us older ones? also I think its harder to lose when you pass 50, just a thought thanks for listening :wiggle:

Rosebud
Sat, Dec-06-03, 04:20
Hi Meadowlark (what a pretty username!),

Welcome to the forum! And well done on losing those 7 pounds - that's a really great effort.
...........I`m older hitting 60 next year is there a forum for us older ones?
Yes! We call it TOFF's - The Over Fifties Forum. Here is a link: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=141

I hope you stay with us, Meadowlark. Please ask if there is anything at all you are unsure of. :)

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Tammyjoe
Sat, Dec-06-03, 10:47
Hi, Meadowlark. Boy I could write a 12 page letter to you about being older and trying to loose weight.
I'm 59 and have been on Atkins since Sept 17. I've lost about 18 pounds so far. I had hoped for more before the holidays but am very thankful for that much. My husband is also eating LC with me and has lost 29 pounds so far. I really think the problem that I have is not exercising. I have arthritis in my feet so it makes walking very difficult. The other ways to exercise are just my laziness!!
You hang in there girl. And remember in this forum there is no such thing as a "dumb" question!!!
We are all dumb until we find the answer.
Welcome, Lois

eric909
Sat, Dec-06-03, 11:31
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif