PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gmw
Thu, Dec-04-03, 18:43
Hello my name is Gina and I am 32 years old, married and live in Oklahoma...I decided to start LCing after I saw myself on a vacation video and could not believe it was me and then at Thanksgiving my identical twin sister who weighs only 100 lbs and I were standing next to each other and everyone was looking at us and making comments about how much thinner she was then me which I already knew that :) but it still stung a little......We are barely 5 feet tall and weight gain shows easily......she used to weigh 160 and decided to do something about it and lost 60 but her way of losing just did not work for me so I have tried other diets but I have failed because I cannot stick to counting calories and I do not like most low fat foods so over the years I have lost and gained and have gotten more and more depressed which made me gain even more....so after the Thanksgiving dinner my sister knew that my feelings were hurt but she told me that I have to take control and do this for myself the way I want to do it so I decided on 11/30/03 to take control and start LCing and I am happy to say that I have already lost 5lbs........I have been lurking on this site quite some time and doing alot of reading and research and thanks to the information and recipes that I have gotten off this site I have a new positive attitude and I know this can be my way of eating for life.....so Thanks you!!!!

SeeMyself
Thu, Dec-04-03, 20:43
Hi Gina and welcome :wave:

We here at the forum are glad you joined!

I understand your feelings about seeing yourself on a vacation video, I have felt the same feelings just as others here have.

You say you do not like most low fat foods and counting calories, that is good! That is what makes you hungry. You are in the right place then. Also, do THIS for yourself......

I too have lost and gained over the years, a diet high in carbs will make you feel at your worse........ if you cut back on those carbs you really start to feel like a whole new person, and when that happens it gives you the motivation to try something new... and to want it more.....

I wish you good low carbing... Do read up on it, as you are, it really helps to understand it!

Welcome, and take care

eric909
Fri, Dec-05-03, 12:42
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

Isiar
Fri, Dec-05-03, 19:08
Hi Gina!
Sure you came to the right place! Happy journey!
isiar

rodmick
Fri, Dec-05-03, 20:13
Hi Gina! Welcome and nice too meet you!

Operaghost
Sat, Dec-06-03, 03:41
Welcome Gina!

We are glad to have you here and congrats on the quick 5lb start. Lots of great success stories here. I hope to be hearing about yours real soon!

OG

AFwife
Sat, Dec-06-03, 03:53
Hi and welcome. Congrate's on the 5 pounds. You can do it. We are here for you.

Lily:)