PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbee

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pru601
Mon, Aug-06-01, 11:13
Hi...just wanted to drop a note. I'm new to this message board and low-cal. I started my induction today. :(
I did read up on low-carb using this site and your messages prior to starting so I could get some tips and ideas.
Any help is always appreciated!

Genesis
Mon, Aug-06-01, 12:39
Welcome aboard.
Low carbing really works - you just have to follow the plan, and remember that everyone is different, and lose at different rates.

Karen
Mon, Aug-06-01, 12:49
Welcome to the forum pru!

Keep on poking around and reading. It's a great way to get information. If you have specific questions, ask!

Hi...just wanted to drop a note. I'm new to this message board and low-cal.

Probably a slip of the keyboard, but remember that low-carbing has nothing to do with low-cal. Doing low-cal with low carb will come back and bite you!

Karen

pru601
Mon, Aug-06-01, 13:57
You're right! I meant low-carb...I didn't notice I typed that. Habit, I guess!

wannabthin
Mon, Aug-06-01, 22:11
I just finished my first week on Induction. I feel so good - this really is a great WOL! I've been trying to get off baby fat for over three years. It was 10# and then somehow snuck up to 15# to get rid of. I'm down 3 pounds since last Monday - I'm happy for that.
I'm blessed b/c I'm not a starch carb addict - this is such a great way to eat for me - I have no desire for bread, etc. Cookies are another story tho - I'm a sweets girl!
Good luck to you - feel free to PM me if you have any beginner questions! :)

pru601
Tue, Aug-07-01, 07:17
Thanks for the reply!
I'm the opposite of you - sweets I can do without it's the starch I have a hard time giving up.
Although I'm having similar weight stuggles - I also gained 15 pounds (when I quit smoking). It's amazing how quickly & easily they added up. So, kind of like you, I'm at 140 with 15 to lose.
This is only day two for me. I was so tired yesterday and felt "foggy" - did you experience that in the beginning?

shelley
Tue, Aug-07-01, 07:34
I wish I had only gained 15# after quitting smoking. I gained 60.:eek: :eek: :eek: (little endocrine thing happening).

wannabthin
Tue, Aug-07-01, 09:38
PRU: Day 2 was the WORST day for me! I've read quite a few posts of day 2 being bad. It does get better! I'm sure by now you are realizing that. Hang in there! The energy is amazing and I'm just entering the stage where hunger is not an issue. So nice....:)