PDA

View Full Version : Day 3, So far so good...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MoonDoggy
Tue, Dec-02-03, 09:59
Hello :wiggle:
On Sunday I decided I really wanted to start eating low carb and I wanted a partner to join me on my journey. So I called my sister in Florida (I'm in Los Angeles) but she wasn't interested, she plans on eating freely during the holidays. But to my surprise my brother-in-law was interested!
So that day we decided we would really watch what we are eating, committed to NOT eating the things we know are our weeknesses, exercise and speak at the end of the week to see how we were doing.
I have to say that although I would prefer to speak to my buddy everyday, knowing that we can compare notes at the end of the week makes me more enthused.
So here is my deal in a nut-shell: I would like to lose as much weight as I can between now and December 27th. I will be visiting my family in Florida and seeing great live music :dazzle: for New Years. I don't expect to be at my goal by then, but I do hope that I will be able to see a considerable weight loss. (I've noticed that many people seems to lose quite a bit during their first two weeks.)
I have always strived to eat healthy, in fact I have been a vegetarian and raw food eater which I enjoyed very much. But my "emotional eating" caused me to overeat even the healthy stuff. So I decided to try my hand at a way of eating that will help keep my sugar more balanced. Hence the lo-carb high-protein...
I have included daily cardio but in reasonable amounts in hopes that I will be able to continue this exercise routine for life. (I have the habit of overdoing things to the point that I get burnt out or sore.) My next goal is to buy some hand weights and working them into my routine. As well as adding some Yoga... all in due time.
I have some questions so I am going to move on over to the "newbie question section".
Thanks for reading!
Lookin' forward to sharing my success with all of you!!
:sunny: Moon-Doggy (thats actually one of my dogs names...)

lkonzelman
Tue, Dec-02-03, 10:05
Great luck to you. Eating this way feels great (once you are past "carb withdrawal").

The only issue I must tell you is that since you have such a small amount of weight to lose it will probably be very slow for you.

Average weightloss is 10% of the amount you wish to lose during induction and then 5% of the amount left each month after.

Since you only want to lose 16lbs that would be about 1.6 lbs in the first two weeks. Just an fyi.

All the best to you.

MoonDoggy
Tue, Dec-02-03, 10:21
This is really great having this here.
I have to come clean... I don't really know how much I weigh but I think it is around 120. I am going to find a scale today to get an accurate number. All I know is that clothes that I was fitting into at smaller numbers are quite tight and I have been using that as a guage. I wanted to get started posting right away so I estimated my weight.
But I agree, the weight-loss will probably be slower than I would like :rolleyes: but as long as I am losing I will be grateful and happy. The most important thing is that I develop better eating and exercise habits along with better ways of managing stress. I feel like I am on my way.
thanks again for the support!!!
Moon-Doggy :roll:

lkonzelman
Tue, Dec-02-03, 10:41
Great attitude! I know you are going to do great here!

MoonDoggy
Tue, Dec-02-03, 12:12
I visited Fitday.com... started inputting info. but it doesn't seem to deduct for fiber in the carb totals and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to break the totals down into portions. I entered my coffee and soy milk info. for today but it gave me totals for a cup of soy where I had less than 4 oz.
Any suggestions?

lkonzelman
Tue, Dec-02-03, 12:28
4oz is .5 cup so just change your amount eaten.

FYI - at the top daily part of your screen the fiber shows so you can subtract there.

MoonDoggy
Tue, Dec-02-03, 12:56
I'll give it a whirl...
Thanks again for the support!

:roll: