PDA

View Full Version : New To Here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bearurr
Thu, Nov-27-03, 06:03
[FONT=Arial Narrow]
Good morning to all! My husband and I have been doing the diet since Jan 2003, but this is the first time I've got to talk to other folks on the diet. I'm the only one doing at work, so they're tired of hearing me talk about it! :)
Right now I've lost 30 lbs, and I'm down to what I was in college. I seem to be stuck though, even though I've not changed my diet. But I'm going to still keep on going........It at least has helped with my Acid Reflux!

Cheers,

Bea

tampa_girl
Thu, Nov-27-03, 07:07
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your success on the diet so far :dazzle: You'll find lots of support and encouragement here...others eating the same way & experiencing the same frustrations, and, of course successes. Enjoy!

Atriana
Thu, Nov-27-03, 07:11
Congratulations on those 30 pounds! Have you tried adding some exercise? Happy Thanksgiving!

Lori H
Fri, Nov-28-03, 12:48
Hi Bea and welcome! My hubby is low-carbing with me also. It makes it nice when it comes to preparing meals. You are doing great! It is not uncommon for your weight to plateau while your body adjusts to its new size. I bet you will see that scale go down again in no time.

J.J.
Fri, Nov-28-03, 14:28
Welcome from Ohio! You're doing great! I've hit a plateau also, but not too concerned.....just hanging in there like everyone tells me to do! It's a lifestyle change I intend to stick to....not a diet in my mind!

Once again........WELCOME!

Bearurr
Sat, Nov-29-03, 06:04
Thanks to everyone! I'm not sure if it's the lowest I've ever been, so my body is just being stubborn or what. My husband and I play racquetball usually four times a week..And it certainly makes me feel better to be doing that! What type of excerising does everybody feel is most effective? I always feel uncomfortble with the skinny folks when I lift weight.
Also, quick question for ya'll. I had heard the rumor about Caffiene being a problem with weight lose, and as I had nothing else left to loose, I've stopped. After a week of headaches, I can say that I'm caffine free. But----I've noticed that a lot of the quick metabolism pills (like Accel from Atkins) have green tea. I'm not asking for medical advice....I guess what I'm asking is if it would be ok to take those pills if you are trying to stay away from caffeine.

Bea

4beans4me
Sat, Nov-29-03, 08:41
Welcome to the forum Bea! Congrats on your loss so far and best of luck to you as you continue your weight loss journey! :)

mb99
Sat, Nov-29-03, 17:30
Many (most) green teas are caffenie free.

Serrecko25
Sat, Nov-29-03, 18:44
Welcome to the forums!!!

I know the feeling when it comes to losing weight, of course I am not down to what I was in college......er... well, since I never went to college, that was an easy goal to skip.

But I am down to what I weighed when I last weighed this much.

Max