PDA

View Full Version : weight loss and cholesterol

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

purekc
Mon, Nov-24-03, 21:06
I am in week 14 of my low carb lifestyle conversion. I have lost 26 lbs., and more importantly, my cholesterol has gone from extremely high risk to well below normal levels in the the past 10 weeks. My doctor told me it is due to a combination of medication and my eating plan/weight loss. My high cholesterol is mainly of the genetic variety, so I am very happy that I may not have to have the same health problems that my parents do. The doctor is an Atkins advocate, and encourages me to continue with it. If I wasn't fully convinced of the benefits of a low carb lifestyle before, I certainly am now. I feel great and it is like I got a new lease on life.

4beans4me
Tue, Nov-25-03, 07:32
Congrats on your pounds down and your lower cholesterol!! Keep it up! :clap:

Kristine
Tue, Nov-25-03, 08:58
Welcome aboard! :wave: Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to take the cholesterol meds anymore?

Congrats on your success so far! :sunny: