PDA

View Full Version : I'm so glad I found ya'll!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amyp
Mon, Nov-24-03, 17:31
I everyone! My name is Amy, I'm from Nashville, TN, and I'm the mama to 2 kids, ages 5&7. I just started LC last week after not losing on WW and thinking there had to be a better alternative than starving all the time. :rolleyes:
My weight has been creeping up slowly, about 3 LBs a year, and I want to stop that cycle right now!
I can't wait to find great new recipes!

Lori H
Mon, Nov-24-03, 17:54
Hi Amy!
Welcome to the forum. I am in north/middle Tennessee too. Looks like we are in for some cold weather tonight! I guess it's time though.

You will love this site. There are lots and lots of friendly, helpful people here. I have received so much support from everyone.

I am a former WWer too. Lost weight on it but promptly gained it back because I got tired of being hungry all time. I love low-carbing. I am never hungry and if I am, I eat an allowed food. What's not to love? We are glad to have you here with us!

amyp
Mon, Nov-24-03, 19:00
Thanks, Lori! You're right-its gonna be cold tonight! I guess thats the end of our good weather for a while.

You're stats are so inspiring!

4beans4me
Mon, Nov-24-03, 19:19
Hello and welcome to the forum Amy! Best of luck to you! :)

katwoman
Tue, Nov-25-03, 10:16
Glad to have you join us Amy. You'll find lots of support, and lots of great recipes here. Also, if you haven't looked there, I've found a lot of great lc recipes on the atkins web site.