PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

angel506cl
Wed, Nov-19-03, 16:44
I have been plugging away on CAD for 6 mos. now with wonderful results. I have been steadily losing at least a half lb. or more a week. . .until 3 weeks ago! NOTHING has changed. . .not my eating, not my exercise, etc. . .except I started on the birth control patch. I have GAINED 4-5 pounds in 3 weeks. I am so upset that I could cry. The patch works just like the pill and I thought it would be better since I don't have to ingest it, but now I am wondering. Has anyone had any experience with this at all???? I am really down about it and any suggestions would be so appreciated!!! THANKS SO MUCH!

Divina99
Wed, Nov-19-03, 17:33
Hi Angel..so glad CAD has been working great for you.
Well about the Birth Control Patch. I was thinking about it too when I first heard it came out. I just didn't want to take any more meds than necessary..I already take BP meds so didn't want hormones to mess me up.

Anyhow so far what I have read is that it has practically the same side effects as the pill does in some women.

"Many women may experience some fluid retention or water weight~ of 2-6 pounds when they first begin pills."

The Patch (Ortho Evra)
Advantages
業~~~~~~ Easy to use
業~~~~~~ Do not need to take a pill each day
業~~~~~~ More regular, shorter periods
Disadvantages
業~~~~~~ Skin reaction at the site of application is possible
業~~~~~~ May not be as effective for women who weigh over 198 pounds
業~~~~~~ May have similar side effects as the pill
~~~~~~~ (such as nausea, moodiness, headaches or weight gain/loss)

Well, it also read that you should consult with your Dr if you do have such side effects. In my opinion I believe your weight gain has to do more with water retention than lbs from 'fat', since you haven't changed your WOE or Exercise Routine. Maybe a different method of birth control will be better for ya. Lots of luck. ;)

Here is a link where other women have asked questions about their weight gain due to birth control pills. BCPills. (http://www.fin.org/mqa_bcp_weight.html)

angel506cl
Wed, Nov-19-03, 17:49
Thanks so much for the input!

Divina99
Fri, Nov-21-03, 09:13
You are welcome Angel. :)

I just read this today :thup: :yay:
Male Birth Control Pill (http://www.msnbc.com/news/954083.asp)

steveed
Fri, Nov-21-03, 19:08
I hate to tell you this, but there is already a male birth control pill...it's called a case of beer and a weekend of football. :lol:

Divina99
Fri, Nov-21-03, 19:25
When's the next football game so I can have that case of beer on hand?!:lol: :lol: