PDA

View Full Version : Coupon Code for Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

quikdeb
Tue, Nov-18-03, 15:24
Tropicaltraditions is offering a special until Sunday on 2 qts. of Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil. This is the one with no flavor or smell. I use it in cooking in place of other oils. Should be great for you bakers. Anyway, the code for $5 off 2 qts. is....epco5...inserted in the coupon box during checkout. That makes it $15. The shipping cost is $5, so basically is a free shipping thing.

FYI...

Deb

Vel
Wed, Nov-19-03, 04:30
Hmmm... I just had a thought. I could use it in my rice krispie squares. Oh wait.. no way...I only eat a small portion of the whole pan and I am not sharing my precious coconut oil with the kids :)

Thanks for the tip, Deb.

Jalera2003
Wed, Nov-19-03, 10:16
Sorry, too lazy to read your journals to find out: why are you eating coconut oil?

Vel
Wed, Nov-19-03, 11:07
Gee, I forget...... why are we, Deb?

heheheheh

quikdeb
Thu, Nov-20-03, 16:31
Originally I was looking for some info on why I was losing so much hair and what I could do about it. I was lead to the Thyroid forum where I found a thread with some mention of coconut oil helping the thyroid which can cause hair loss.

I found a couple of sites...tropicaltraditions.com and coconutoil-online.com. There was a wealth of information and it peaked my interest in many ways.

I ordered the oil and have been taking it for many weeks now. Some very interesting things have happened.

Hair is not falling out - is growing back
Skin is nourished and looking great
Red rash on cheeks is nearly gone (1 cheek is holding on a bit)
Tiny wart on my ankle - gone
Toenail fungus is dying - no regrowth, though no new nails yet...believe that will take much more time.
More energy
Great nails
Age spots on the backs of my hands getting lighter by the day - nearly gone
Cured guinea pig fungus in days. Have been treating this for over a year.

I really didn't realize I was such a wreck! :lol: That whole list sound pretty hideous, but you asked!

It seems to be some pretty amazing stuff and I'm sold on it. So that's why I'm taking it and will continue to....

Deb

Dianee
Thu, Nov-20-03, 19:16
I am off to place my order for the oil. I don't think I am going to order 2 quarts right now. I need to try it first and make sure I can get this down. :roll:

Deb, it is amazing how much you have noticed that it has done for you so far. I too have lost a lot of hair on my head as well as my eyebrows have really thinned out and am hoping this will help. Not too mention how dry and fly away it has become. I also have been taking my temps 3 times a day for the last 4 days and I am running on the low side. I am hoping this will boost my temp up and hopefully might get my metablisim reved up a little. This will be interesting to see if this helps me with any of these things. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for posting the info. :wiggle:

Lila2002
Fri, Nov-21-03, 00:35
I was losing hair - every time I got going great on low carb, my hair started falling out. It was tuna- I was eating lots of tuna and the mercury can cause hair loss. Since I cut way back on tuna my hair loss stopped.

quikdeb
Fri, Nov-21-03, 15:35
Lila,
You're absolutely right about the tuna. It has become very much a red light food because of the mercury and the effects on the body.

I gave up tuna some time ago and based on my menus, the dr. didn't feel that mercury was an issue. She did caution about eatin the tuna and several others. I don't really remember as none of them were fish I had ever eaten. One was shark, but I'm sure that info is available somewhere.

Anyway, great tip for anyone still eatinig tuna.

Deb

Lila2002
Fri, Nov-21-03, 18:58
Deb,

The issue is with any kind of big long-lived fish. They eat other fish and the toxins tend to concentrate. Tuna was a major staple in my diet, I would have a can of tuna as a meal several times a week. Little fish that don't tend to live long don't have these problems. I miss the convenience of tuna when nothing else is easily available, but I'm glad my hair is filling back in.

Lila