PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Granadino
Tue, Nov-18-03, 05:08
Hello and good morning from a very cold and misty noon in Amsterdam,

As you can read in my profile (left) I am new here, and just started this morning the induction phase following Atkins.

I have done the homework, read the Atkins' web page, read a lot about LC's, got (and read) the Dr. Atkins NDR book, even surfed around this forum to clear up some doubts I had.

Last night I informed my DH about my decision of starting with Atkins and, after briefly explaining him about LC's, he fully supports me, he's the best!.

I have had problems trying to forget all the things our grandmas told us about nutrition, and to run away from fats, I still feel a bit aprehensive about it but after all I read I know I shouldn't feel like that.

I also started using fitday a few weeks ago to get used with the system, so today I already filled all my today' servings, so I don't accidentally slip.

Since more than a year I practice sports. My present schedule is as follows: Mon - Wed - Fry 1 hour steps at home at fatburning zone.
Tue - Thu - Sat 1 hour steps choreography at the gym, plus 1 hour body shape or pump (light fitness). Sundays I just enjoy being lazy! ;)

And that is it in a nutshell. I hope I can count on your support on this journey I have just started.

Greetings,

Marissa

AFwife
Tue, Nov-18-03, 05:10
Welcome! Looks like your headed in the right direction. Good job!

Take care,

Lily

4beans4me
Tue, Nov-18-03, 09:43
Hello and welcome to the forum Marissa! :)

Granadino
Wed, Nov-19-03, 04:53
I'll be coming here quite often, now I go to my journal to write down my progress.

Doei!

HeidiA
Thu, Nov-20-03, 19:12
I am new too!!! I will wish us both luck on this WOE. ANd I just know we will be thin YEAH