PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone...new guy here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

IlliniGuy
Sat, Nov-15-03, 19:10
I found this site through a search and must say I am quite astonished, as I've been browsing around for nearly 2 hours now. I wanted to introduce myself to the other fellow LC's. Everyone seems so helpful and supportive, that it made me want to be a part of it as well. I've been on Atkins in the past and have gotten back on board officially on Thursday. I had lost about 80 pounds last time I was on it, then gained back that and more. I'm very good with structure and think this will be quite helpful in reaching my weight loss goals. I am 24 and attend the University of Illinois as a grad student. I'm also single, so I am interested in getting in on the singles threads on here as well. Feel free to say hi if you see me on, especially if you are from Illinois.

tampa_girl
Sat, Nov-15-03, 19:26
Welcome IlliniGuy - Glad you found the forum. You'll find lots of support and encouragement from others here and somebody always has the answer to your questions!

Good luck on your new venture into LC WOE!:)

GypsyAngel
Sat, Nov-15-03, 19:59
Hi IlliniGuy!
Welcome to the boards! It is a great place to find support and encouragement, laughs and friends.
Come on by the SingleLCers threads. There is a "Calling all Single Low Carbers" where we just hang out and talk and laugh a lot. And we have a challenge going on until Thanksgiving which you can join us for at "Single LC'ers Thanksgiving Challenge!!!". And we're actually planning a trip to Chicago in June! Would be great if you could meet up with us. That thread is called "Single LC'ers Get Together". All the threads are under Buddies and Challenges

Hope you enjoy your time here! And congrats on the weight you've lost since returning to LC!

Cheers,
Gypsy :roll:

Hope1
Sun, Nov-16-03, 05:39
Welcome Illiniguy! This is the best place to be. You might want to start a journal. It's the best way to meet everybody and get to know new friends and have them get to know you. Best of luck with your studies and your lc adventure! :)

windy
Sun, Nov-16-03, 05:45
Good morning Illini Guy. I am from Illinois and happen to work at the U of I. Good luck on the LC way. SInce you are coming back you know how to work with it.

I have lost almost 70 pounds and have more to go. I am not doing so great right now. But still aware of what I am doing, what I have to do and where I want to be.

Have a good day,

Windy

IlliniGuy
Sun, Nov-16-03, 06:19
Thanks so much for welcoming me here :) It's good to know there are others out there in my boat that I don't have to explain this whole Atkins concept too, while also understanding it's not as easy as "eating things in moderation." How many of you have heard that one....lol I think the reinforcement came in when I could still buy clothes at Old Navy and such... (rather than the big n tall store - which guys have a MUCH more limited selection than girls) - I've carried my weight well, but the bottom line is that I am tired of carrying it...period....Hope1, I appreciate the suggestion and began a journal of foods last week. I'm seeing a dietician through a program in Springfield - the plan we came up with was LC friendly, except she wanted me to eat fruit. I figure when i go back there in February, showing her the weight I'd lost will outweigh (no pun intended) the fruit I did not eat.

Spechele
Sun, Nov-16-03, 06:39
Hello,
I am also new to the board. I have the same past in that I also lost 90 lbs on Atkins and then let myself gain it all back and then some. I am now in the middle of round 2! This time i really have to work on Maintenance!
Spechele

kyrasdad
Sun, Nov-16-03, 14:18
I think the reinforcement came in when I could still buy clothes at Old Navy and such... (rather than the big n tall store - which guys have a MUCH more limited selection than girls)

I go to Casual Male Big & Tall. Good selection there for business casual, khakis, etc., and even some dressy stuff. However, I'm looking forward to buy things with no extra "X's" on them, from Old Navy or wherever in the next year or so. I don't like going into those stores. I'd delude myself into thinking that surely, I didn't look as bad as the other guy in there buying 3X shirts....

HeidiA
Thu, Nov-20-03, 19:01
Hey guy from the illini, I'm from illinois as well. I live in the chicago area though. I'm glad you joined the forum and the people here are fabulous!! (I just joined as well) Good luck with your goals and I hope you lose fat fast!!!
Heidi

Garyock
Sun, Nov-23-03, 07:27
Illiniguy....I'm brand new here myself. I see we have almost idenitcal stats to work with. I also have had success with the Atkins plan....but many years ago. I might have been one of the original users of the plan about 35 years ago. I've been as low as 200lbs so I know it can be done. I also live in Illinois (Park City area). Good luck.....we can do it!!!!