PDA

View Full Version : new diagnosis -- how long till I feel better?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Diane2002
Fri, Nov-14-03, 10:03
Hi -- just had my thyroid tested -- scored an 8! Now on .125 mg synthroid -- have always needed lots of sleep, gained weight easily, dry skin -- the whole shebang. I have been on the synthroid 30 days -- will be re-tested in 2 more weeks. How long till I feel better? Also, have decided to move to the low-carb lifestyle, since it seems to work with the thyroid disease -- and I need more energy! On low-cal diets, my energy and tiredness have always been extreme. So, guys and gals out there -- give me your experiences and let me know what to expect!

thank you very much

jaci0610
Fri, Nov-14-03, 10:25
i think my physician told me that it would take abou 4 to 6 weeks before i would start feeling better, and it was about that long before i did. I also started low carb when i was diagnosed hypothyroid, and it's been a great combination. i feel better than i have in years!