PDA

View Full Version : I'm not feeling it

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Newbourne
Thu, Nov-13-03, 14:03
Although it's only the end of the first week, I don't feel any changes. I'm able to say no to the carbs and I do fine with that, but my weight is still the same.

I've been really good, keeping it well under 20g of carbs a day. I've been speed walking for 4 days now.......

I know that some people lose slower than others, I just had hoped for a bit at least. Am I possibly doing something wrong?

lkonzelman
Thu, Nov-13-03, 14:31
I'm not sure what you are looking for OR what you are eating.

Have you lost any weight yet? How do you feel?

tofi
Thu, Nov-13-03, 14:36
Perhaps all that exercise (which Dr. Atkins always advised against during Induction) may be building new muscle tissue while you are burning fat. So the scales could stay the same.

Are you eating foods with extra sodium (deli meats, cheese, processed foods, bacon, pork rinds etc) That can contribute to water retention. And drinking the water daily helps to get rid of it.

I think there is no point in keeping "well under 20 carbs". That was what Dr. A. thought back in 1972 when his first book was written. But in the 1990's, he changed the carb level upwards to 20 gm to begin with because the 20 years of experience had shown that people didn't lose faster under 20 carbs. And some people lose better at higher carb levels IF the foods are LC.

It's also important to keep the calories up. Your body will know if you are at 'starvation level' and be very reluctant to let you lose.

I hope that the downward trend starts very soon for you.

Newbourne
Thu, Nov-13-03, 14:49
I see that I mistyped. I've only been speedwalking for two days, not four. And maybe I should consider what I've eaten and what it counts for in carbs.

For breakfast, I've had usually a 4 egg omelet with cheese. On one day, I also had 3 sausage links. (And that was with a 2 egg omelet).

For lunch, I've had green leaf salads, with Paul Newmans oil and vinegar dressing (1 gm). And I usually have either two medium sized chicken breasts grilled, cut up in the salad with shredded cheddar cheese.

For dinner, I've eaten usually 2 chicken breasts and a good sized helping of either spinnach, collard greens, or green beans.

One night I had cheese burgers with no bun, with mustard. And another night, pork ribs. (all with a side of the above mentioned green veggies).

Today, no breakfast due to an early meeting. But for lunch, I had grilled chicken breast, grilled pork chops, and broccoli.

This all seems to be good for the induction phase, isn't it? The only thing I haven't done yet is begin a supplimental multi-vitamin. I plan on picking up some tonight.

Any advice?

med234
Thu, Nov-13-03, 14:55
Hi, Newbourne.
Your food all sounds right, but make sure you are eating enough fat, and lots of water.
I'm sure you will lose in the second week, if you follow the rules.
med

Newbourne
Thu, Nov-13-03, 15:02
Thanks guys, I am very focused to make this work for me. Thanks for the encouragment and the advice. :)