PDA

View Full Version : Started Atkins this week! Welcome!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

A.Corn
Thu, Nov-13-03, 10:13
Hello all. After struggling with Weight Watchers for more than a year, my DH has become frustrated. He needs to see big results to stay motivated. So, we did a lot of reading about Atkins, and started it on Monday Nov. 10th. I am doing it with him for support. He'd like to lose about 35 lbs, while I have a pesky 7 lbs that has refused to go away with my regular WW diet.

So, here we are in Day 4. The first two days were awful.. I felt so sick and headachey. But then on the end of the second day, I started to feel better. And this morning, we weighed ourselves for fun, and found we have already both lost 5 lbs!! WOW!

I admit, I'm pretty amazed. Speechless, almost. It's very counter-intuitive for me to eat a big greasy cheeseburger and think I'm not going to gain a ton. I'm still getting used to the idea. It's like someone telling you up is now down.

4beans4me
Thu, Nov-13-03, 10:27
Hello and welcome to the forum A.Corn! :)

Iowagirl
Fri, Nov-14-03, 13:51
Welcome A.corn! Glad to hear you and your dh are having such great results.

Ghost
Fri, Nov-14-03, 17:47
Congradulations!

I hear that men loose weight much faster on low carb than women do so your husband should get the results he's looking for quite easily.

Serrecko25
Sat, Nov-15-03, 02:03
Okay, call me the Newbie Grand Champion but please someone tell me what a DH is.

I keep thinking this is Major League Baseball and everyone has a Designated Hitter!

I need a Designated Runner, my feet hurt....

Max

4beans4me
Sat, Nov-15-03, 06:58
Dear (or any other D word that fits at the moment ;) ) Husband, DSon, DDaughter etc