PDA

View Full Version : New here but not new to Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

janis
Fri, Aug-03-01, 17:38
Hi, I'm wasting time on this almost-holiday-weekend Friday and I've just found this forum. I've been on Atkins for 4-5 years and at one time had lost 24 lbs (which was a bit too much actually). I gained much of that back more through inattention than cheating and now I'm trying some serious Induction. But, you know, I'm 52 and it definitely gets harder. I've been on about 5 gm carbos per day for a week and lost 2 1/2 lbs. But I actually like this WOE and will never change.

Janis

debbiedobson
Fri, Aug-03-01, 19:37
welcome to this board janis!:D i'm so happy that you found us!! i sure hear you about it gettin harder as we age! i first started lowcarbing over 2 years ago. i'll stay with it the rest of my life, in essence though! keep us posted about your journey! :D