PDA

View Full Version : Hi - Another newbie here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Micha2
Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:11
[FONT=Times New Roman]
Hi everybody

I am 40 years old, am married to a younger man and live in a nice house with a large garden in 'sunny' Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire. I started to low carb about a month ago. For about a year I was feeling unwell. The doctor did the usual blood tests for thyroid problems, iron deficiency, etc, but it came back normal. Because my symptoms were loss of energy, weight gain and generally feeling sick, he thought it was depression and he packed me off to see a psychotherapist. The therapy is helpful, although I am not depressed, and helps me to deal with my anxiety.

But I was still feeling very tired and stressed. Then one of my sisters mentioned in passing that she had been diagnosed with PCOS and that my other sister had it, too. And I wondered if I had the same thing... My sisters don't have all the classical symptoms, nor have I. What we have in common is though, we all struggle with our weight. Although I am the 'thinnest', I have been worried that my weight would get out of control without me overeating (as I feel sick easily). Luckily I found the Schwarzbein Principle book and this is the diet I chose. I don't eat meat, so I guess Atkins would be too difficult for me.

I feel miles better, have more energy, are less anxious, although I haven't lost any weight yet which doesn't worry me as long as I don't gain.

I really like this forum and I have been reading your entries for quite some time before joining up...

4beans4me
Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:53
Hello and welcome to the forum micha2! :)

AFwife
Wed, Nov-12-03, 12:44
Welcome!

I'm in England too. Soham!

Lily