PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Aragorn
Wed, Nov-12-03, 01:57
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Like most I stumbled upon this forum by looking for Low Carb Products.

I have been doing Atkins since July and have managed to drop 35+ pounds. This has to be the easiest diet I have ever tried and I have tried a few. I have a lot of weight to lose but this diet is not only easy it's interesting.

AFwife
Wed, Nov-12-03, 03:26
Welcome and Congrates on the loss.

Lily

4beans4me
Wed, Nov-12-03, 08:24
Hello and welcome Aragorn! I too, am a huge fan of LOTR! :)

tampa_girl
Wed, Nov-12-03, 08:27
:) Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of nice people with answers to your questions, support, encouragement and ideas for making this WOE work. Not to mention some yummy recipes!:p

LilaCotton
Wed, Nov-12-03, 20:00
Hi and welcome! Just wait until I tell the girls Aragorn has joined the LC forum! Oh my! :D

pammiejoe6
Mon, Nov-17-03, 13:32
hey there!! thought id drop by and say hello, i am also a big LOTR fan and am in love with aragorn....lol! congrats on your sucess so far...keep up the great work!!
im on day 44 today....weighed in at 269....so excited!! thats 33 pounds for me...whoo hoooo!!!!
so say hello anytime, i love making freinds and can use all the support i can get...lmao......have a great day!!!!!

Aragorn
Tue, Nov-18-03, 02:50
Thanks all for the kind words and support. :)

Pammiejo: I've been counting down to Return of the King since seeing Two Towers.

4beans4me
Tue, Nov-18-03, 09:44
I cannot WAIT for Return of the King! I already have a *date* with my Dad to see it opening night. He is a huge fan as well! :)

pammiejoe6
Wed, Nov-19-03, 08:36
omg i knowwwww...i cannot wait till ROTK!!!!!

lmao sorry bout that...i get sooooooooo excited thinking about the movie that i cannot control myself!! argh!!!! hehehehehhee

anyway HI! Howz it goin? are you having success? fill in all the blanks for me when you get a chance ok?

drop by my journal and say hello Aragorn!! wheres your journal? i find it really helps so much....check it out...just go here...http://http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=83...and start a new thread with the title of your journal as the subject!! it kinda holds us accountable knowing we are writing it all down and people can even read it!!! Give it a shot!!!

ok so then ill see ya laterz hon. have a great day!

Jackie S
Wed, Nov-19-03, 09:00
Hey Aragorn, I started in July as well. Wow you're doing absolutely great and you hit it right on the head, this is the easiest way to lose weight. I have tried every diet known to man and have fallen flat on my face only to smash my self esteem to pieces. But this, this is IT. This is the WAY. I am convinced. I just hope that somewhere down the road it doesn't turn out to be really bad for us. I know with the 20lbs I've already lost and the way I feel now, this is the best thing for me. I've bought a Bodyflex and now I'm going to start toning and losing inches too.
It seems like the easiest way to work out since you do it sitting down watching TV. How appropriate to do this with the easiest diet in the world. Who says ya have to kill yourself to get slim. I'm so happy and almost everyday someone says something nice about how I look. I've got 30 something more pounds to go but I know I'm going to do it this time.

MamaSara6
Wed, Nov-19-03, 11:34
Welcome, Aragorn!!! I just had to say Hi to the king!

Where did you get your Avatar? I was trying to find a LOTR avatar, but didn't know where to look.

My family has been sleeping, eating, drinking, and BREATHING LOTR for 4 years now! I don't know what we'll talk about at the dinner table after ROTK extended is finally released and we've watched it to death! LOL! Now, it seems like we watch "Triple T, Double E" every day! :-D

eric909
Wed, Nov-19-03, 14:49
Hail,
Welcome to the forum