PDA

View Full Version : Mocha Cheesecake and Ganache Cups

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Carol
Wed, Mar-28-01, 20:22
* Exported from MasterCook *

Mocha Cheesecake and Ganache Cups

Recipe By : Carol Williams
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cheesecakes

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 package Knox gelatin -- or 1 T.
1 cup coffee -- boiling hot
16 ounces cream cheese -- cubed
2/3 cup splenda
1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate -- melted
Ganache Topping
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 packets splenda

-Melt chocolate in microwave or in double boiler.
-Cube the cream cheese,set aside.
-Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling coffee,pour into blender container
-Add the cubed cheese & beat until the cheese is melted.
-Add the melted chocolate & the splenda, beat until very creamy.
-Spoon into 12 , lightly sprayedi muffin tins .
Make the ganach topping:
-In a double boiler, over simmering water, add the chocolate and butter.When melted, remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
-Spoon over the cheesecake cupcakes, set in fridge to chill.
-Remove from muffin tins & store in a covered container in the fridge.
-12 cupcakes @ 5.4 carbs minus 1.1 grams fiber= 4.3 carbs and 4.8 grams protein each
These are a spinoff of my Decadent Mocha Cheesecake

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

alan
Sat, Jul-14-01, 11:05
Hi,

I have a question concerning the cheesecake. My wife makes a cake in a 10" springform pan (just plain cake based on LC recipe. It tastes great the first day but it tends to dry up and by the third day it is no longer creamy and has lost its appeal.

What do you do to keep your cake moist?

Thank you

Karen
Sat, Jul-14-01, 19:31
If it's a baked cheesecake, it will dry out because there is no sugar in it. Sugar keeps moisture in baked goods.

For an LC cheesecake, it's better to use a no-bake gelitan set cheesecake like the one above.

Karen

leborland
Thu, Dec-25-03, 09:17
I tried this recipe last night. The cheese cake came out wonderful, but the granache was a problem. When I stirred in the last ingredients, the texture changed from smoothe to gritty. I poured it over the top anyway, hoping it would taste better than it looked. No such luck. My guests complained that the topping was not sweet enough, and I agreed. I used the 12 packets of splenda called for in the recipe, but it was too bitter to really be bittersweet. This recipe needs some help.

tofi
Thu, Dec-25-03, 11:27
It's possible that the mixture for the ganache was too hot. That might make it go gritty, especially if there was a delay in adding the ingredients.

Heat shouldn't affect the Splenda - I guess you could taste it first and add more sweetener before pouring. Carol's recipes are tested and have worked many times before she posts them. Sorry that this one didn't turn out the way you wanted. It must have been a big disappointment.

med234
Thu, Dec-25-03, 11:46
If you melt chocolate too fast, it does go rough and stiff.
If you catch it happening, immediately take it off the heat, and stir in some (more) butter, to stop the change happening.