PDA

View Full Version : Lurker coming out of the shadows . . .

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Milhafre
Mon, Nov-10-03, 16:39
I figured that today is a good day to finally take the plunge and register - I started lcing 7 years ago today (as near as I can remember), and I've been fairly consistent with it ever since.

I initially lost about 35 lbs. from Nov. 1996-Feb. 1997 following the Scarsdale diet, which worked very well for me. I set my goal weight for about 10 lbs. less than where I thought I would stabilise. By Jan. 1998 I was around 135, and I stayed roughly that for more than 5 years (gaining a few in the winter and around holidays, but able to take it off and maintain ok). Last winter was hard though, and although the scale still didn't change much, my clothes started getting tighter. In May, I was a bridesmaid (for the umteenth time!), and I did a few weeks of Atkins to fit into the dress. After the wedding, I realised that I literally couldn't button my summer clothes. I started Atkins Induction officially the first week of June. The weight has slowly been coming off - my goal is what my goal was 7 years ago, since I felt good there, and I've decided to try to get there again, and this time stay there.

Sometime over the summer I discovered this site, and have been lurking ever since. I did try to register several times, but because of a compatibility problem with my browser, I wasn't able to. Today I'm at a computer with IE, and I thought a good way to celebrate my lc anniversary would be finally to register! Many people here have (unknowingly) provided encouragement to me over the last few months, and I figured it's time I return the favor. Over the last 7 years, I've learned a lot about lcing as a real lifestyle change that I hope I can share.

Sorry for such a long intro post!

Lori H
Mon, Nov-10-03, 17:47
Hello and welcome. Glad you finally decided to join us here. This forum has helped me so much. The people here are so informed and supportive. Congrats on low-carbing for so long. It took me a long time to find this WOE (way of eating) but I'm sure glad I did!