PDA

View Full Version : New low carber again !!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stephiewil
Sun, Nov-09-03, 12:02
I have been here and posted before, a friend from my old board had told me about you a long while back when I joined up here, but I don't see her anywhere now, maybe she changed her name, was there a CarolCA before? Anyway. I have been and still an on, a wonderful but extremely small board of about a thousand members but only has about thirty people who post on any kind of basis, and lately it has been less than that. Much of the day there will be none to a couple of people on the board at a time.I really want to be motivated this time and stick with it. I have done this at least ten times over the last year and a half and just do not understand why in the heck I cannot stick with it when I do know without a doubt it is the way I need to eat. I am very frustrated with myself. Carbs are extremely addictive to me and when not low carbing, I do not eat healthy at all. I eat a lot of junk and sugary stuff. I read once that if sugar had been discovered today it probably would not have passed the tests and become a food because of its addictive and disease causing nature, you know, I believe it. I think it is as bad as a drug in many ways. I know it is for me. I am a sugar junkie, especially chocolate.
anyway, I am excited to be back here and looking forward to getting to know you and learning a lot. Stephie :yay:

korry1977
Sun, Nov-09-03, 13:13
Well congratulations on going low carb...

there is a lot of good positive support here... I dont know if you have done this already or not, but starting a www.fitday.com account is easy and free... It lets you keep track of you eat and carbs, protein, fat, etc... Also, may I suggest that you set up a mybodycomp.com account... it is currently also free... I know many people hit a weight stall and they get a little upset... but however they are still losing inches! so mybodycomp.com can give you a good ballpark figure how your progress is going... Also I noticed that you have a 100 lbs to lose... may I suggest you join the TDC (Triple Digit Club) lots of friendly folks and smiles there.

Also if you look to the right sidebar (on the right side of screen) you will see a quicklink: Which Low Carb is right for me? Go ahead and take a look at that and find out which one will suit your needs...

If you have any other questions, you can post at the Newbie Questions thread...

Once again congratulations....

Have a great day,
Korry