PDA

View Full Version : Grilled Peppers (Poppers)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ghost
Fri, Nov-07-03, 18:10
This is sooooooooooo easy & sooooooooo good.

If you like jalapeno poppers you will love these.

Sweet Red Peppers
Cream Cheese

Clean & slice peppers into large pieces. I usually make 3 to 4 pieces from 1 large pepper.

Spread inside of pepper with cream cheese.

Grill on BBQ or bake in oven, skin side down, until skins starts to blacken. You can pull the blackened skin off or eat, it's a personal preference. I like the skin.

Variation: To get the hot of the jalapeno just soften the cheese first & mix a little hot sauce in to taste.

Ghost
Fri, Nov-07-03, 18:14
Oh! I forgot to add that you can sprinkle parmesan on the cream cheese to give it a bit more texture like a popper breading.

Glad2BMe
Mon, Sep-03-12, 20:11
I have an abundance of jalepenos in my garden right now and am wondering if anyone has an induction friendly popper recipe for jalepenos?

LadyBelle
Wed, Sep-05-12, 07:27
Glad2BMe - We fill the jalepenos with cream cheese, sometimes mixing hot sauce or other extras into the cheese. Then wrap in bacon and cook in oven. yum and induction friendly.

MandalayVA
Wed, Sep-05-12, 07:32
I have an abundance of jalepenos in my garden right now and am wondering if anyone has an induction friendly popper recipe for jalepenos?

Linda's Jalapeno Poppers (http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/jalapeno_poppers.html)

noinwi
Wed, Sep-05-12, 10:33
I don't like messing with the bacon strips, but I love bacon so I mix jarred bacon bits with cream cheese and seasonings(usually Mrs Dash)and a bit of flaked hot peppers and pile that into halved(seeded)Jals. I try to slice through the stem so there will be little 'handles'. I top them with a little shredded cheddar(or pepper-jack)and bake at 350 until the cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.