PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Appetite

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

miabella
Fri, Nov-07-03, 06:59
I am on Day 5 of Atkins Induction, and by the time dinner rolls around I am so not hungry - I am not complaining!! :yay: I just wonder if there is a minimum number of calories, and or carbs that you should try to stay above. I am trying to keep my daily eating ratios to 65-70%fat, 20-30% protein, and 5%carbs. I would love to hear your suggestions for some small low carb meals rich in fat and protein.

4beans4me
Fri, Nov-07-03, 08:53
You should be eating roughly 10-12x your body weight in calories each day. The lack of hunger is such a bonus with this WOE and it also is an indicator that you are probably in ketosis! :)

gawdess
Fri, Nov-07-03, 10:19
As Adele Davis once said....Eat breakfast like a king, Lunch like a prince and Dinner like a pauper.

I rarely even sit down for dinner these days, its more like a snack. But I have huge breakfasts that fill me right up and lunches that are delicious!

woolina
Fri, Nov-07-03, 10:32
One way to up the calories is with fats, olive oil, salad dressings, butter. My appetite didn't start coming back until I started adding food into my OWL with nuts and berries. When I added more veggies it didn't affect my appetite like the nuts do.

DWRolfe
Fri, Nov-07-03, 11:56
I definately experienced a loss of appetite after I began LCing...

...although mine didn't occure until I was about 2 months in. At that point, I would sit down to dinner and have to force myself to eat. It passed though after a couple of weeks. I think it's just your body adjusting to a different WOE.

Donald

tampa_girl
Fri, Nov-07-03, 12:50
I also went through a period where I was not hungry.....weeks 2 & 3 but am over it now. You'll be fine!