PDA

View Full Version : Headache

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

miabella
Fri, Nov-07-03, 06:50
I am on Day 5 of Atkins Induction, the first two days I had a continous headache, probably withdrawal from my beloved Diet Coke! The headaches have ceased during the day, but I still wake up with a tinge of a headache, but it seems to go away when I get some water into me. Anybody know what that's about? I am drinking a minimum of 96oz. of water a day.

4beans4me
Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:00
Your body is busy cleansing itself of toxins, sugars etc. A headache is a common complaint during the first part of Induction, and it should go away as soon as your body adjusts to your new WOE. Be sure you are getting all of your water and that you are eating enough, including plenty of healthy fats.:)

gawdess
Fri, Nov-07-03, 10:15
Definetly withdrawal symptoms. I got them bad from soda and sugar withdrawal. Hang in there. You are gonna do great!

burnzone
Fri, Nov-07-03, 10:37
that is amazing....I woke up this morning with a pounding headache myself, I started Atkins diet yesterday...never thought to attribute it to the diet...Feeling much better today after two bayer aspirin though...

NickFender
Fri, Nov-07-03, 11:26
Watch the dehydration... that's a frequent cause for early morning headaches. If you wake up in the middle of the night, try to drink a few sips of water; you might find that that makes all the difference.