PDA

View Full Version : hair

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

E-Lo
Thu, Nov-06-03, 16:47
What is this about hair loss due to low carbing? :confused:

adukart
Thu, Nov-06-03, 17:01
From what I remember it's not due to low carbing it's due to any type of dieting, the shock to your system. But it's not everyone.

tinaninea
Thu, Nov-06-03, 18:23
froggiebro said it's a shock to her system & she asked her stylist about it & she told her it would grow back even healthier than before!

lburnikell
Thu, Nov-06-03, 18:53
when I dramatically lost a hell of a lot of weight my hair started to fall out, thankfully not all of it, and it has come back again thicker but it has never been the same since, and it wasnt due to Atkins either!!

Froggiebro
Thu, Nov-06-03, 22:16
My hair fell out for like three or four weeks around the 3.5 month mark--It has now started to stop coming out and I can feel lots of new growth around my roots. It all about the drastic shock to your system, lots of things will trigger it (ie. death in the family, etc.) and you can expect it around month three or four after the initial loss (induction). Don't worry too much, it won't leave you anywhere near bald and it will grow back, healtier from what I have read (believe me, i researched the heck out of it when I started shedding.