PDA

View Full Version : Chromium and L-Glutamine

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

miabella
Wed, Nov-05-03, 15:58
How much or how many milligrams of Chromium and L-Glutamine do you take?

Xena2005
Wed, Nov-05-03, 16:23
I don't take chromium as I have done alot of research on the internet and don't believe it does anything. I do, however, take L-Glutamine in powdered form as you need about 10g and that's alot in tablet form. Take L-Glutamine 10g mixed in your protein shake or in 4-6oz water one hour before your workout and 10g half an hour after your workout and also 5g before bed when your muscles are in need of repair and recuperation.

Rosebud
Wed, Nov-05-03, 16:28
Hi Miabella,

With the L-Glutamine, it depends why you are taking it. ;) If you are taking it to prevent sugar cravings, you only need the doses that Dr Atkins recommends in DANDR - 500 to 1000mg ½ hour before meals. I don't remember exactly how much chromium he said to take, but if you look in your book, it will be there. (Try looking up "chromium" in the index for the quickest way to find it.)

HTH

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

letsgo
Wed, Nov-05-03, 17:33
I take L-Glutamine 500mg and I recommend L-Carnitine as well 100mg before meals. L-Carnitine is supposed to aid in fat burning as well as energy. As for the fat burning, who really knows. I do notice an energy change. Don't know if it's specifically that or just the whole vitamin grouping.