PDA

View Full Version : How long?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Anna73
Wed, Nov-05-03, 15:02
I have been on Atkin's for 1 week now and have not cheated at all. I have not lost 1 single pound. What is wrong??? This is very discouraging.

Kristine
Wed, Nov-05-03, 15:43
Hi Anna,

Atkins is not a crash diet - it's a lifetime pattern of eating. At 5'6", you're already in a healthy weight range for your height, so even if you have 10 lbs of fat to lose, it's going to come off painfully slowly. :( Additionally, since you're eating ample protein, your body may be rebuilding its tissues and muscles, and since muscle is more dense than fat, the scale might not go down at all.

Did you take some measurements before you started?

Rogue
Wed, Nov-05-03, 17:04
It's also important to be doing this diet properly. Follow the book letter for letter.

If it's not done properly it won't work and can be dangerous to your health.

Greeneyes1
Wed, Nov-05-03, 17:53
Hi Anna. You might find it helpful to post a few days menus so that the veterans of this forum can help you out. Maybe you're eating something that you shouldn't be. Also make sure you're drinking lots of water.
Take care, Laurie

pammiejoe6
Thu, Nov-06-03, 11:30
ive heard that when you only have to lose a small amount of weight like 10 pounds it may take longer than the people who have 150 pounds to lose (like me)...just keep up the great work and you will eventually see results. Also remember that atkins eating is a way of life and not just a quick fix to lose weight and then go back to your old eating habits. use this time to get yourself used to all the options you really still have to cook with and get creative, food can be fabulously tasty on atkins!! enjoy it and b4 you know it you will lose.

paully33
Tue, Nov-11-03, 12:03
HI there... I have been on induction 3 weeks and no lbs for me either??? I only have about 10 as well to lose... update me on how your making out and keep going... we need to hand in there... hurray support in numbers...

WendyLynn
Tue, Nov-11-03, 15:56
Its not just what you eat. Especially when you get down to the last 5 or 10 and your weight is already low. Two factors other than food are essential. WATER. Drink lots and then drink some more. EXERCISE. Very few people actually love it but without it you can not lose and/or maintain. Muscle uses more calories than fat and keeps using even after you stop exercising. So my advise is grab a water bottle and get moving. At the very least go for a daily walk. Give your metabolism a kick start.
Keep going. You have made a great start to your new and healthier life, now add to it.