PDA

View Full Version : Fat/Protein/Carb ratios??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

swsunny
Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:42
I got on Fitday.com to enter what I've been eating and it shows a pie graph with what percentage of fat, protein, and carbs I am eating each day. Does anyone know what the percentage ratio is supposed to be? Anyone? Anyone??

PurpleStix
Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:50
On Atkins induction you eat 20 g net carbs/day, then with ongoing weight loss it increases by 5 g each week as long as you consistently lose weight. It usually works out to 4-5% carbs on induction. The rest is up to you but say 25% protein, 70% fat. You need that protein, so as you do OWL, carbs would rise and fats would drop about 1% each week. I am assuming about 2000 calories / day.

swsunny
Wed, Nov-05-03, 12:32
Great! That's right about where I am! (65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs) Thanks for the help! :roll:

4beans4me
Wed, Nov-05-03, 12:37
My charts consistently read 65-70% fat, 25-30% protein and 5-10% carbs. I am on OWL and recently contacted the Atkins center to confirm that those ratios were within the *norm* and they responded back saying they were. :)