PDA

View Full Version : My skin !

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Supermommy
Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:12
I have been LC'ing for almost a month now and have noticed a huge difference in my skin.
I used to have a very clear complexion and now I struggle to cover acne everyday. Has anyone else experienced this ?
(I drink plenty of water !)

TerryLynne
Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:24
Wow, Sorry to hear that... My teen son's skin is MUCH clearer, he's been on for 14wks, I thought they had research about lcing helping acne????

MaryToU
Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:27
People have different reactions to low carbing skin wise. If could still just be the toxins leaving your system. OR maybe you are sensitive to something you are eating. I develope a bad rash when I first started. Now I try not to eat so many eggs and everything seem to be ok.

anacecilia
Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:35
Hi Supermommy, I experience the very same thing as you. I used to have a great complexion, very, very clear. All my friends envied it .... As soon as I begun l-carbing I started to get rashes and acne-like bumps all over my face. I was told that it could be the toxins leaving my system and that if I drank lots of water it would eventually go away. Well, hate to tell you that, but it has been 4 1/2 months now and my skin hasn't improved at all. I drink water like crazy and the pounds keep disapearing, so I just try to look the other way, wear good oil-free medicated make-up (I swear by Neutrogena) and count my blessings.... Best of luck to you !

synn
Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:44
I never had pimples and started to get them when I started. I used a good Apricot Scrub on my face everyday and started drinking filtered water and that seemed to do the trick.

It could be the water you are drinking has a lot of chemicals or impurities in it or you might be allergic to something you are eating.

adkpam
Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:48
My skin has improved; it's less sensitive and I get almost no breakouts...except when I'm about to have a whoosh, and then my chin breaks out!
Weird, huh? Hopefully, when the weight loss stabilizes, so will one's skin.

Supermommy
Wed, Nov-05-03, 15:16
Thanks for the replies, I feel much better now.
Hopefully it will clear up but I have a feeling it is related to my drastic change in eating habits.

PurpleStix
Wed, Nov-05-03, 15:32
Are you getting healthy unrefined oils from flax, fish, olives, nuts? They are supposed to be good for skin.

Supermommy
Wed, Nov-05-03, 16:00
I can't bear to use oils... hate the taste and consistency. Even before I started on this diet I didn't use much unless I needed it in the oven.
I may have to try just a tad =/

pammiejoe6
Wed, Nov-05-03, 16:05
i also have experienced a little weird rash here and there on my body since going on atkins 32 days ago. My face is breaking out too, but not too bad, just enough to piss me off...hahaha...im trying to just remember to keep it clean everyday and waiting impatiently for the rash elsewhere to go away as well! argh!!

synn
Wed, Nov-05-03, 16:45
I can't bear to use oils... hate the taste and consistency. Even before I started on this diet I didn't use much unless I needed it in the oven.
I may have to try just a tad =/

Try taking Flax seed oil in the pill form. I take 200mg per day and it seems to help the skin.

katlynweb
Thu, Nov-06-03, 11:05
I have recently started using Camellia Oil on my face and it is wonderful! It absorbs very quickly so does not leave a greasy feel, just soft and "glowy"! It is a great antioxidant and has some antibacterial properties I think!