PDA

View Full Version : extra supplement

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

krystle
Wed, Nov-05-03, 07:42
hey guyz...do any1 of u take extra weight loss supplement?..i saw a product from gnc...marketed as total lean containing

Guarana Seed Extract (Paullinia cupana)
(Caffeine = 180 mg)
Black Tea Leaves Extract (Camellia sinensis) **
Grape Skin Extract (Vitis vinifera) **
Ginger Root Extract (Zingiber officinale) **
Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) **
Dill Weed Extract (Anethum graveolens

is it advisable to take them?....will they help in weight loss?
any1 tried them b4?

Kristine
Wed, Nov-05-03, 10:48
Hi. :wave: It's probably not harmful, but I don't know how effective it would be. Be careful of the guarana - it can be nasty if you combine it with coffee or another caffeine source. :exclm:

If you check the "Nutrition and Supplements" forum, you'll probably find more info on thermogenics. :thup:

hcomeau
Wed, Nov-05-03, 10:58
I use to take Trim Spa and Atkins Accel which have these ingredients. In a true clean Induction you shouldn't have caffeine. I stopped taking these supplements because I like the natural energy that I get while in ketosis and induction. Besides I am very caffeine sensitive. I have also read that the caffeine triggers snacking and hunger so I would say that it's better for you not to take these supplements.

Have a great day!

nicomanti
Thu, Nov-06-03, 23:20
its not really a good idea to take any kind of weight loss pill