PDA

View Full Version : Weight Stall Solutions---HELP!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

E-Lo
Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:06
Guys, what can I do to jump start my weight loss again? I have been at 215 for about two weeks now. My ketone strips always test dark pink, and I haven't cheated. What's up? I weight train three days a week, and do the elipticle machine for an hour 5 days a week. I am staying on induction until most of the weight comes off. So, guys if ya know what I should change, help a girl out! :yay:

CindySue48
Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:17
Welcome!!!!

It helps if you post some of your meals, then some of the members can give a better opinion.

That said...I have 2 other things to say.

First, if you're test strips are dark, it could mean that you're not drinking enough fluids. Ketosis isn't a how much thing....it's an either you're in it, or you're not.

Second, if you're working out that much, it sounds like you're gaining muscle weight. How are your measurements?

Hope this helps!

E-Lo
Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:34
I drink at least 100 oz of water a day. Here's what I had today:

Beakfast:
2 eggs fried in olive oil
3sausage links
2 sausage patties

Snack:
2 sticks of string cheese

Lunch:
2 chicken thighs w/a salad made of the following
1 cup of spinach
1/2 red pepper
1 small tomato

dinner:
shrimp stir fry made of the following
1 cup shrimp fried in olive
1/2 red pepper
1 & 1/2 cups of broccoli

E-Lo
Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:37
Fit day: calories were 1999, fat was 71%, protein 26%, carbs were 3%...should I eat more veggies? Will that work?

Kathy54
Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:42
HI yes I'd add more veggis as a snack, Raw wiht dip or celery with cheese.
Teh other thing I'd say is watch the Sausage in your breakfast it sounds like a lot and the thing you have to watch is the sodium in them, just a thought.
However, the most important thing is do not expect to lose each and everyweek, our bodies take a rest and won't give up the fat. Take a look at my records below :agree:
Stick to the program and you'll get there :)

Cheers Kathy

E-Lo
Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:47
so what should I eat for beakfast then? I like the Atkins shakes, should I just have one of those for breakfast? It doesn't seem like enough calories or fat and I usually only eat three meals a day, with a snack somewhere in between.

MaryToU
Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:59
How long have you been following Atkins? It is very common to stall out on the scale around the 3 to 6th week. This happens to a lot of people! IF that is the case, do not worry about it you body is just taking the time to readjust. This might be a better to be using a tape measure over the scale.

E-Lo
Tue, Nov-04-03, 20:42
Yeah, it has been about 6 weeks now. Maybe that's it. Thanks for the support! :thup:

Lauri
Wed, Nov-05-03, 07:52
What about your menstral cycle? This can play a role with me in the form of a complete stal for a week before and the week during. Oh the wonders of being a girl

sskrier
Wed, Nov-05-03, 08:15
lately i have gained a few pounds........and don't know why either!!!

i think it might be not enough water....plus not enough veggies.......anyway that is what i intend to try!!

pammiejoe6
Thu, Nov-06-03, 12:01
well good luck no matter what you decide to do!! you can do it!!